Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2279 - Past Crimes

<< < (2/8) > >>

broodblik:
Cover by Dan Cornwell:

broodblik:
Cover and Logo:

Tjm86:

--- Quote from: IndigoPrime on 23 April, 2022, 03:14:45 PM ---Thought experiment with The Citadel: if 2000 AD had somehow accidentally left off the creator credits for these weeks, what would you think? Personally, it didn’t click with me at all. Even taking into consideration the unreliable witness angle, it just felt a bit off to me. It wasn’t bad, but it ended up feeling kind of throwaway and certainly nothing approaching a game-changer nor even really an important story in the history of the character.

--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure, even without reading the final instalment (sorry, out in the sticks here we have to wait for the post to catch up ...).  I'm going to go back to what I'm asking over on the Citadel thread: how are we defining 'game changer'.

I do agree on the question of how the story would have been approached if Wagner's name were not associated.  Then again, this is the point that I am driving towards over there - what does the auth(ority) mean for how we view the story.

Richard:
Have I just imagined this, or did episode 1 have a terrorist attack on the iso-block? What happened to that?!

Magnetica:

--- Quote from: Tjm86 on 23 April, 2022, 10:59:05 PM ---I'm going to go back to what I'm asking over on the Citadel thread: how are we defining 'game changer'.

--- End quote ---

I’d say:

Something that fundamentally changes our view of Dredd

Or

A revelation of some awful truth Dredd or the Judges have been hiding for the last 40 years

Or

“Our” Dredd isn’t actually our Dredd.

I think there were hints that The Citadel would reveal something like one of those, but it didn’t.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version