Main Menu

Yowza yowza! I just read Slaine: Warrior Beyond Time and it's CLASS

Started by death monkey 23, 19 January, 2002, 04:25:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

death monkey 23

One of the best things ever to come from the publication which I have read.
I had previously found Slaine to be Dungeons and Dragons type filler material, but having read this amazing book I see what they were getting at.  This is what I like in comics and sometimes find missing in 2000AD - the INTELLECTUAL/MYSTICAL ELEMENT.  Storming Heaven is an interesting territory for this type of comix.  Given the right direction and writers it could go very far.

Anyway - Slaine.  Crom Cruach is a very accurate representation of what the Romans did to Britain - consider that Britain is the root of America - and the whole story grabbed my attention, made me laugh, made me think.  There's been more/better cannabis than is usual for a crappy winter floating around in me system recently, but the feeling I got and the ideas put in my young head after reading this magnificent story was utterly unique, and a brilliant end to a good week.

If i was gay, Pat Mills, I would be rushin at your ass right now.

Wood

Thread Zero

Hey Deathy, long time no see!

I never knew Britain was the root of America.

But then I was always asleep during history at school.

scojo

Thread Zero

Which Slaine story(ies) is Deathy referring to in particular?

When Slaine goes back in time a la King Arthur, Robin of Sherwood, Queen Boudica (forgive the spelling) etc.

They are ok but I rate the early Slaine tales as the best. Before Pat went into preach mode!

scojo

death monkey 23

Go and shite, Wood.  You're just saying that cause you don't like me. I'm going to find out where you live and murder you in your sleep...

death monkey 23

My PE teacher is in the nation of islam!
If you're ever at speaker's corner at hyde park, look for Basil Muhammed.
He's got a poster on the wall that gently but persuasively explains why everyone in history who was any good was black.
Jews?  they were all black.
Egyptians?  Like the ace of spades, they were
The founding fathers of science were also apparently all black, (ignoring Galileo etc.)
and Stonehenge was built by
"Small, African People!!"

Wood

"Go and shite, Wood. You're just saying that cause you don't like me. I'm going to find out where you live and murder you in your sleep..."

No, I'm just saying that because the Demon Killer and King of Hearts storylines were a load of preachy pseudoneopagan crap, which made had the distinction of being offensive to both occultists and Christians of my acquaintance in their breathtaking lack of knowledge of/ crass insensitivity towards the faiths of others.

Look, mate. I don't know you. I have no idea who you are. How can I make an assessment of your character based upon about a dozen posts on a frankly extremely narrow bulletin board?

Well, I can, but only a limited one. Posts like that one don't help me to gain a favourable view of your character, monkeychild.

Threats are pointless. You don't know where I live, you're not scriptkiddie enough to get it from anywhere, and besides, you're what, fourteen?and you claim to be permanently stoned, anyway.

McNulty

"Britain was the root of America?"
Tell that to the Vikings, or the Spanish, or the French etc, etc.

paulvonscott

I thought it was only Alan Moore who was in danger of being assaulted in a public convenience.