Main Menu

*** Prog 2000 ***

Started by Dash Decent, 08 September, 2016, 03:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sheridan

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 October, 2016, 06:57:00 PM
No prog 2001 here, or for anyone I'd say given there's no thread for it yet.  :'(

No sooner said than done :-)

JUDGE BURNS

No prog 2001 here in Ayrshire , after spending the day in Edinburgh getting loads of books signed I was hoping to relax and read the latest prog.  The Royal Mail in Scotland is terrible these days.  Picture below is of Emma Beeby , Gordon Rennie , Tom Foster and Colin MacNeil.  Sadly, Alan Grant could not make it today .

user2000

Quote from: JUDGE BURNS on 01 October, 2016, 10:27:32 PM
No prog 2001 here in Ayrshire , after spending the day in Edinburgh getting loads of books signed I was hoping to relax and read the latest prog.  The Royal Mail in Scotland is terrible these days.  Picture below is of Emma Beeby , Gordon Rennie , Tom Foster and Colin MacNeil.  Sadly, Alan Grant could not make it today .

I'm Ayrshire too, still no Prog 2000 for me!  I just bought it from Smiths.  Need to get round to contacting someone, did I read somewhere that it's not Denise any more?

As I said a few pages back it's been nearly a couple of months since I remember getting the "regular" Saturday prog, mine have been Monday or mostly Tuesday before they turn up, how have yours been?

I have to say, a big draw of subscribing all these years is to get the Prog early - I'm afraid one day early just isn't going to cut it, but I have *just* resubscribed so I suppose I'll have to lump it  ::)

Mattofthespurs

No Prog 2001 here in Cambridgeshire and after visiting 12 newsagents and 4 comic shops I have been unable to secure either of the two variant covers I would like.
Looks like I will be buying them off eBay with hugely inflated prices  :(

TordelBack

Pretty sure I could get you a Burnham tomorrow, Matt, if that's one of the ones you're after.

Tjm86

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 October, 2016, 09:22:56 AM
Pretty sure I could get you a Burnham tomorrow, Matt, if that's one of the ones you're after.

Thanks for the offer but that's the one I have .
Thank you though. Have now visited 3 supermarkets too with no luck.

Frank

Witnessing the anguishes and indignities experienced above, I'm thankful I was born without the collector gene.

Variant covers and limited editions are a fun game for them who likes to play, not a burden imposed upon The Contented.

sheridan

I don't generally go for all the variants, but am making an exception for Prog 2000.

Magnetica

Quote from: sheridan on 02 October, 2016, 12:05:55 PM
I don't generally go for all the variants, but am making an exception for Prog 2000.

Yes me too.  For instance on the IDW stuff they do variants as a matter of course and given the quality of the comic it's just not worth it.* I didn't buy the previous 2000AD variants before either, but for some reason Prog 2000 just feels more special. Especially the Fabry ones as he is my (second - sorry no-one but no-one beats Bolland) favourite artist of all time.

I know it is almost crazy to spent that much on one Prog - but there you go.

* the only ones even worth considering where the Fabry B&W ones on PvJDvA.

sheridan

Quote from: Magnetica on 02 October, 2016, 12:26:05 PM
I didn't buy the previous 2000AD variants before either, but for some reason Prog 2000 just feels more special. Especially the Fabry ones as he is my (second - sorry no-one but no-one beats Bolland) favourite artist of all time.

I know it is almost crazy to spent that much on one Prog - but there you go.

Having spent nearly £12 on one prog (and another £4 due when the greyscale one comes out, I agree - though I feel a bit more sane as the selling out thing has made news in a few different places.

TordelBack

I also avoid the variant scene, but I was verrrry tempted to go for all three (initial) Prog 2000s when I saw them.  Only the combined price put me off.  Now I wish I had, mainly so I could disperse them to those who do care about such things.

ZenArcade

Like Frank, I have little interest in variant collecting, butbfairnplaybto those who do. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

user2000

I seem to remember back in the day when there were variant covers, us loyal subbees were given both covers stapled onto the one issue...

Or it would have been nice to have a subs only variant - Future Publishing and whoever owns Empire these days do it every month for sub copies of their mags (well, the computer/console mags I get anyway) - even for subs to get the comic shop variety.

But then, do us loyal subbers even matter anymore when I gotta wait til Tuesday most weeks to have my prog delivered?

Rant over, for now...

Mattofthespurs

Quote from: user2000 on 02 October, 2016, 04:18:08 PM
I seem to remember back in the day when there were variant covers, us loyal subbees were given both covers stapled onto the one issue...

Or it would have been nice to have a subs only variant - Future Publishing and whoever owns Empire these days do it every month for sub copies of their mags (well, the computer/console mags I get anyway) - even for subs to get the comic shop variety.

But then, do us loyal subbers even matter anymore when I gotta wait til Tuesday most weeks to have my prog delivered?

Rant over, for now...

Tharg may have got a letter, from an unknown subscriber, suggesting just the very thing...