Main Menu

JANUARY ART COMP - RESULTS THREAD

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 01 February, 2014, 04:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrazyFoxMachine

THIRD PLACE - ANTODONNELL

SECOND PLACE - UNCLE FESTER

FIRST PLACE - BOB MOLESWORTH

A very promising start to 2014's competitions - and the voting was intense as Bob and Fester were neck-and-neck right until the finish - ! Remember you can find out about those behind the pictures and more over on the comp facebook page --> https://www.facebook.com/2000adartcomp

THARG'S CHOICE goes to Allied72's self-portrait - old green bonce had the hardest time picking through this flattering collection!

DROID'S CHOICE

This month's droid is the most handsome man in comics! Mr Leigh Gallagher who posted his top choices on the voting thread:

QuoteSeriously guys, I know it's the type of cliched thing you hear all the time, but everyone did a brilliant job with so many varied and imaginative ideas.

FIRST:  ARCHIE - FLINTISH THARG.  An excellent piece that really stood out for me because it's so damned different in style! He has an oh so subtle alien quality about him, and I loved the future design details in the background.

SECOND: UNCLE FESTER - COSMIC THARG.  More of an old school style here. This is how I picture the boss when he's waiting on my pages to come. Fantastic detailed background!

Really struggled with what to pick for third place. It was either Antdonnel- Big Jobs, Dedaman 1971 - Tharg vs Thrillsuckers , SKD - Tharg's Thrills.... but in the end I picked....

THIRD: BOB MOLESWORTH - HEADACHE THARG. A very "Jon Davis Hunt" piece I think, especially in the colouring. He looks like the commanding figure you'd expect as head of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic. And props for that impressive, hypnotic background!

February's comp will be up before the day is out!

deadman1971

:D well done Guys, awesome work.
right time to get ready for the next comp, pencils sharpened, ink waiting, paints on standby. now just need the subject.

Hawkmumbler

Top dollar everyone! Heres to next months competition!

SKD

Well done to all, another superb comp. And a massive thanks to CrazyFoxMachine for all his work too. Top bloke.  :D

antodonnell

Congrats to Bob and Uncle Fester, great pieces.

Next months theme is also cool. Good choice Bob.

Thanks to CrazyFoxMachine as always for keeping the wheels turning.

Colin YNWA

Just wonderful stuff all round really - so many great pictures to be ahead of that pack everyone should be mighty proud.

As ever our Fox is the craziest most machinery of them all.

amines2058

Congratulations all.  Excellent entries.  I need to up my game for this month's comp to get anywhere near your standard. 

Neil McClements

Brilliant month as usual with some great entries. Well done to all the winners and I'm well chuffed to have been chosen by Leigh. Thanks again Owen for all your efforts.

Darren Stephens

Worthy winners all and yes, Owen, you're a star!  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

allied72

well done to everyone, brilliant entries all round and again thanks to CrazyFoxMachine for organizing everything, personally chuffed with being picked as tharg's choice. Cannot wait for next month

CrazyFoxMachine

Quote from: allied72 on 02 February, 2014, 08:30:46 AM
personally chuffed with being picked as tharg's choice.

You've got a message waiting in your forum inbox sir - reply to it and you'll get a GN!

Woolly

Many apologies for missing the last few votes, i wont let that happen again. Promise!
Hats off to the worthy winners, brilliant stuff all round :)

Alski

"Cool Stuff You Will Like"

Music, Comics, Books, Video Games, TV and Film reviews/articles.

http://cool-stuff-you-will-like.blogspot.co.uk/

RaggedMan

judgerufian

I add both congratulations to the winners and to CFM for organising! Also thanks for the HM's and votes to those of you who liked my tattooed Tharg, makes the hard work thinking and drawing worth it! See you in 20000BC.