Main Menu

YOU be the judge!

Started by Molch-R, 02 March, 2011, 01:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 March, 2011, 02:40:27 PM
I cannot reitterate enough that that is NOT the final and correct version of the costume.

Cool. I would actually buy one if it looks as good as the Anderson one. I might get the Anderson for the Missus an' all. Y'know, for...fancy dress parties. That sort of thing... :-[

Any word on price?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

Thanks for the clarification Molch-R  
one less piece of tat for CF to get then if there is only one  :lol:

Dandontdare

I'd probably buy the helmet, but that's the bit that's not included!

Steve Green

Quote from: James Stacey on 02 March, 2011, 02:34:36 PM
Its not uncommon to have a cheap and a delux version of costumes with licences like this. What we are seeing could be both.

Or neither...

Van Dom

Whoa Momma! That Anderson one is........yes indeed, I'll have to convince the wife..!!
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Buddy

Whats the helmet like on the finished version?

That Anderson one looks OK but what's with the massive gloves??

COMMANDO FORCES

If you look at their Capt America helmet, I reckon that looks okay so if they put some effort in it could be okay!

Beeks

Quote from: Banners on 02 March, 2011, 02:32:05 PM

Is it blue or black?

That's the funniest interpretation of Dredd i've ever seen...I mean ever  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

Beeks

In fact it is SO shite...I really like it  :lol:
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens

James Stacey

Quote from: Buddy (previusly Uncle Umpty) on 02 March, 2011, 03:53:27 PM
That Anderson one looks OK but what's with the massive gloves??

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Mardroid

Quote from: Molch-R on 02 March, 2011, 01:36:43 PM
The fantastic costume gives you everything you need to get into full law-giving character – a full body jumpsuit with muscle padding, plus utility belt with pockets for your phone and money, knee and elbow pads, detailed shoulder and eagle pads, boot covers, gloves and a shiny PVC helmet.

Quote*Solid helmet and 'Lawgiver' gun not included.

I thought that was a bit of a contradiction but then I noticed that the helmet described with the suit is described as 'Shiny PVC' and the one not included as a 'Solid Helmet'. I take it the helmet is yet to be seen but the uniform is otherwise as portrayed in the first picture? (Sorry if I'm reiterating the obvious. Just want to be clear.)

For a fun fancy dress thing, that isn't bad.

As for that other one... dear me. They could have at least gotten the colour of the helmet right, or is that just reflection?

Molch-R

Quote from: Mardroid on 02 March, 2011, 05:28:05 PM
I take it the helmet is yet to be seen but the uniform is otherwise as portrayed in the first picture? (Sorry if I'm reiterating the obvious. Just want to be clear.)

That is correct, yes..

John Caliber

Jesus Christ, that fat-suited Dredd had me cracking my knuckles in disbelief  :lol:. Is it another license, or (hopefully) a one-off?
Author of CITY OF DREDD and WORLDS OF DREDD. https://www.facebook.com/groups/300109720054510/

SmallBlueThing

That marvellous blue suited fatty Dredd is the best thing I've seen all day. I had to run home from work to take a look, so was my excitement, and it was worth it. I'm assuming it's for the Justice Department 'It's A Knockout' Squad.

SBT

JOE SOAP

If you have to 'buy' your costume, what's the point? - unless of course it's an Eyes Wide Shut party and you'll only be wearing the mask at some point in the evening.