Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Le Fink

Ah. Script: Michael Fleisher.

Nuff said.

The Monarch

harlem heroes vol 1 contains the entirety of the original HH series and the first six parts of inferno. the back matter mostly focuses on Dave gibbons

Jade Falcon

Inferno I felt started out ok, but then didn't seem to know what it wanted to be.  Was it a mystery story, was it another sports story, a bit of everything...and then it ended in a rush.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

i think inferno will always be remembered as the story which almost killed 2000ad

Jade Falcon

When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

The Monarch

they were still recovering from the action shitstorm so when inferno showed up and was as violent as it was it really pissed off the higher ups. Its well believed that if starlord haden't been launched and then merged into the comic it would have been cancelled then and there due to the headaches inferno and the jolly green giant lawsuit had caused

Doomlord66

Whats the best way to read the Day of Chaos storyline? The Hachette books or the Rebellion books?

leethomson

The Day of Chaos storyline is collected in the Judge Dredd Mega Collection series which Hachette no longer sells, leaving eBay as probably your only option.

As far as I can make out, Rebellion's volume of The Fourth Faction includes Hot Night in 95, which is not in Hachette's version. Hachette's Fourth Faction does make space for The Assassination List, which is in the Rebellion trade of Endgame. Hachette's Endgame includes Wastelands, which is in Rebellion's Fallout, and Hachette's Aftermath contains Asleep, Suicide Watch and Feral which are not in any of the Rebellion trades, whereas Rebellion's Fallout contains The Pits and Power Struggle, which Hachette doesn't collect in its DoC trio.

For the most complete experience it looks like you should get the Rebellion volumes, plus Aftermath from Hachette, but that will include a lot of duplication between the two third volumes. Alternatively, if you can get them all, go for the three Hachette volumes plus Fast Food (Vol 71 for Hot Night in 95) and Psi-Judge Anderson: Dead End (Vol 89 for The Pits) also from the Mega Collection. That will get you almost everything collected in the six Rebellion and Hachette books, short of Power Struggle.

Clear as day, right?!

If it was me, I'd just go for the Rebellion books.

Tomontherun94

Harlem Heroes and Button Man arrived today. Something interesting I noticed was how all the creator owned books are all group together.. with Zenith sitting in-between Button Man and Mazeworld. Unlike the other books Zenith's copyright says Rebellion but it's strange it's placed there especially as, iirc, there was some controversy with who actually owns it. Am I looking too deep into this though? 100%.

IndigoPrime

IIRC, Morrison tried to claim he had ownership, but he was work-for-hire at the time. Button Man and Mazeworld were explicitly published as creator-owned properties.

Dark Jimbo

Next book is likely to be End of Days.
@jamesfeistdraws

sintec

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 July, 2023, 09:43:41 AMNext book is likely to be End of Days.

Not the Dredd volume I was hoping for. Maybe it'll read better collected but it was a bit meh in the prog imo. vWonder what they'll pair it up with as I don't think it's long engough to fill and entire volume. Barney doesn't have the stats on it but it looks like it was 15 parts so that's what 90ish pages?

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 10 July, 2023, 02:29:29 PM
Quote from: sintec on 10 July, 2023, 01:55:10 PM
Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 10 July, 2023, 09:43:41 AMNext book is likely to be End of Days.

Not the Dredd volume I was hoping for. Maybe it'll read better collected but it was a bit meh in the prog imo. vWonder what they'll pair it up with as I don't think it's long engough to fill and entire volume. Barney doesn't have the stats on it but it looks like it was 15 parts so that's what 90ish pages?

92pp plus 5 covers.

There's various epilogues you can add, as well. They Eat Horses, Don't They?; Carry the Nine; The Hard Way, etc for another (approximately) 50 pages or so.
@jamesfeistdraws

Funt Solo

Do any of the ones you've listed continue the Buratino thread? If not, then that's another angle.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++