Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broodblik

I agree with Colin it is worthwhile reading them both.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

levers

Thanks. Look like I'll be placing an order for both as soon as Survival Geeks goes on sale!

The Monarch

survival geeks is everything except the zombie one which makes me think judgement days will part of the final extension

Bad Andy

Just organised all my books and can't find 110! I've read it (only read about a third of these books so far) so I know its in the house somewhere.

Davgardo

Quick question - 2 of the books I'd like to order (JD Machine Law and Leviathan) are out of stock on the hachette site: how likely are these to come back into stock or do i need to be thinking of the dreaded ebay?

IndigoPrime

Leviathan went out of stock very rapidly. I'd tend to ask them, just to make sure, but you might have to head to eBay for that one. And it can be... spendy.

Bad Andy

Quote from: Bad Andy on 07 January, 2024, 10:26:01 AMJust organised all my books and can't find 110! I've read it (only read about a third of these books so far) so I know its in the house somewhere.

Good news. I found it.

IndigoPrime

Bad Andy

Under a pile of shite. No word of a lie, I found an unopened phone bill near it that was dated September 2012. That's not a typo. 

One advantage of this tidy up is that I've found my original 2000ad Big Finish CDs that are out of print and unavailable digitally.

davidbishop

Quote from: Bad Andy on 08 January, 2024, 05:36:26 PMUnder a pile of shite. No word of a lie, I found an unopened phone bill near it that was dated September 2012. That's not a typo. 

One advantage of this tidy up is that I've found my original 2000ad Big Finish CDs that are out of print and unavailable digitally.

Jonathan Clements wrote the best of those, imho.

Bad Andy

Quote from: davidbishop on 08 January, 2024, 08:30:33 PM
Quote from: Bad Andy on 08 January, 2024, 05:36:26 PMUnder a pile of shite. No word of a lie, I found an unopened phone bill near it that was dated September 2012. That's not a typo. 

Jonathan Clements wrote the best of those, imho.

You're 100% right. And the rest of his Big Finish output is FASCINATING. The only story that he's done that I haven't chimed with is Immortal Beloved. - https://www.bigfinish.com/search_results?search_value_selected=0&search_term=Jonathan+Clements

Got to hat tip though and say Judge Amy Steel was fully formed from the off. And War Crimes was the first story that made me think about audio dramas in a different way.

Anyway - enough of my Big Finish stuff. Back to the Ultimate Collection  :D

castle4

Death Rock also listed within the Harry 20/Dead Men Walking volume, I've not heard of that, can anyone offer a brief synopsis?

Funt Solo

Quote from: castle4 on 10 January, 2024, 08:43:01 PMDeath Rock also listed within the Harry 20/Dead Men Walking volume, I've not heard of that, can anyone offer a brief synopsis?

Well, ++SPOILERS++, but the FCBD #5 (2015) had Death Rock posit the notion that the escapees from the original Rock have crash-landed on a deadly planet. It was played as a stealth-reveal, though - so it's not until the final page that we realize the concrete connection.

It was written by "Barry Krishna", so don't be holding out hope for a sequel.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

castle4

Quote from: Funt Solo [R] on 10 January, 2024, 10:12:09 PM
Quote from: castle4 on 10 January, 2024, 08:43:01 PMDeath Rock also listed within the Harry 20/Dead Men Walking volume, I've not heard of that, can anyone offer a brief synopsis?

Well, ++SPOILERS++, but the FCBD #5 (2015) had Death Rock posit the notion that the escapees from the original Rock have crash-landed on a deadly planet. It was played as a stealth-reveal, though - so it's not until the final page that we realize the concrete connection.

It was written by "Barry Krishna", so don't be holding out hope for a sequel.

Many thanks!

Swerty

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 08 January, 2024, 11:11:55 AMLeviathan went out of stock very rapidly. I'd tend to ask them, just to make sure, but you might have to head to eBay for that one. And it can be... spendy.

There's a cheap copy of Leviathan on eBay if you're still interested