Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakira? Shakara!

Was in Birmingham yesterday to see Depeche Mode. Had some time to kill beforehand so visited Worlds Apart. Had a load of Ultimate Collection books for £5. Lucked out and found a copy of ABC Warriors: The Volgan War Volume 2, so have the full run of ABC Warriors in Mek Files & Hachette now. Unsealed, but in good nick if it is indeed second hand or an old display copy.

Also found a copy of The Complete Nemesis The Warlock Volume 2 for £20. Sold my copy on Ebay last year (I have the fancy ltd hardcovers so the softcovers were superfluous and taking up far too much shelf space) and to my utter shock got £77 for it. Had no idea it was so sought after. So that's going straight up on Ebay. Flipping isn't something I do, but as a one off it'll hopefully knock some money off my massive energy bill if I can repeat the trick. Was surprised to see it sat there completely overlooked so may as well take advantage before someone else does.

Swerty

I don't really get why they go for so much when they're available in cheaper volumes.Maybe someone could enlighten me

IndigoPrime

I imagine because some people want to complete a partial collection of books they already have, and also because these editions provide a means to get everything from a strip, in a reasonably affordable manner.

Swerty

£77 for the Nemesis phone book that's mental.Worst thing is I probably had it and gave it away

AdamStrange

I've got my sob story about those Nemesis collections. I sold a set of 3 in mint condition on eBay just before Christmas. I got £125 for the set and packaged them really well, but the courier seemingly played football with them. They were delivered damaged and eBay pretty much took all the money back off me 😡

IndigoPrime

Sorry to hear it. Can you not claim off the courier, or did you not take out insurance?

AdamStrange

Stupidly took out a limited insurance postage method. Trying to save some cost as I thought packaging was indestructible. There's a lesson to be learned there 🤦

Shakira? Shakara!

Sorry to hear that pal. I can imagine the sinking feeling in my stomach as that money went back where it came from  :(

moly

Would be nice to get a Ron smith edition in the latest extension seems strange to not include black Atlantic in a collection, will we get a lot of dredd in the last extension

Is there enough decent stuff that hasn't been confirmed yet to justify another 20 editions

Swerty

Quote from: AdamStrange on 27 January, 2024, 09:17:50 AMI've got my sob story about those Nemesis collections. I sold a set of 3 in mint condition on eBay just before Christmas. I got £125 for the set and packaged them really well, but the courier seemingly played football with them. They were delivered damaged and eBay pretty much took all the money back off me 😡

Which courier

robprosser

Quote from: AdamStrange on 27 January, 2024, 09:17:50 AMI've got my sob story about those Nemesis collections. I sold a set of 3 in mint condition on eBay just before Christmas. I got £125 for the set and packaged them really well, but the courier seemingly played football with them. They were delivered damaged and eBay pretty much took all the money back off me 😡
Did you see a photo of the damaged books? There are as many unscrupulous buyers as there are sellers on Ebay. Buyers are very aware that EBay nearly always takes their side in disputes.

Swerty

So it's
169 Luke Kirkby
170 Durham Red Born Bad
171 Armoured Gideon

Happy Days

The Monarch

i was not expecting luke kirby nice!

also all of armoured gideon in one book!

and the scarlet aprocrypa in the red book :)

Dark Jimbo

Armoured Gideon! Chuffin' 'ell, how long have we been waiting for that to appear?!

141 - Slaine: Dragontamer & Black Siddha
142 -
143 - Harlem Heroes volume 1
144 - Harlem Heroes volume 2
145 - Dredd: End of Days
146 -
147 - Armoured Gideon
148 -
149 - Age of the Wolf
150 - Counterfeit Girl
151 - Survival Geeks
152 - Flesh Midnight Cowboy
153 - Return to Armageddon
154 - Mean Team
155 - 13 & Carver Hale
156 - Snow/Tiger
157 - Kingdom & Shako
158 - Damnation Station
159 - Proteus Vex
160 - Harry Twenty & Dead Men Walking
161 - Al's Baby
162 - Mazeworld
163 - Zenith volume I
164 - Zenith volume 2
165 - Buttonman I
166 - Buttonman II
167 - Luke Kirby
168 - Dan Dare volume 1
169 - Dan Dare volume 2
170 -
171 - Durham Red
172 -
173 - Atavar
174 - Scarlet Traces 1
175 - Scarlet Traces 2
176 - Scarlet Traces 3
177 - Kingmaker
178 - Dredd: Machine Law
179 - Dredd & Anderson
180 -
181 -
182 -
183 -
184 -
185 -
186 -
187 -
188 -
189 -
190 -
191 -
192 -
193 -
194 -
195 -
196 -
197 -
198 -
199 -
200 -

Only 6 more books now to complete the second extension. Also confirmed: Lawless and The Order.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

Looks like that's all of Luke Kirby, given that the page count almost exactly matches the Rebellion volume. I'm happy with my Rebellion HC, but that's a bargain price for the entire tale in (smaller) HC. Durham Red: I imagine I'll pick that up. Big fan of the Worley run. As for Armoured Gideon: ANNIHILATE!