Main Menu

Bit annoying!

Started by Judge Fudge, 23 September, 2012, 09:01:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MercZ

The noobs need their own call-me-kenneth to cause some trouble  :lol:

But yeah some clarifications would be nice. And avatars.

w3bz

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 November, 2012, 10:17:58 PM
I have brought this to the attention of mods with more superpowers than me.

Thanks Rich, I have no idea why you can't so will try and resolve that now. Have sorted out most in this thread, if you've not been upgraded it's down to post count.

Don't take the delay personally peeps, it's not the easiest situation to moderate ;)

Cheers,

W

Rusty

MercZ

Quote from: w3bz on 10 November, 2012, 12:01:04 PM

Thanks Rich, I have no idea why you can't so will try and resolve that now. Have sorted out most in this thread, if you've not been upgraded it's down to post count.

Don't take the delay personally peeps, it's not the easiest situation to moderate ;)

Cheers,

W

Thanks for the action and clarification, much appreciated.

Judge Fish

Indeed, many thanks. Now I feel like a real boy. Wait, that didn't sound right...  :P
Bloop.

TordelBack

Seal the gates!  Seal the gates!  Too late, they're in!  Nooooooo! 

;)

Judge Fish

Cool. So is this the part where I rip off my mask, scooby-doo style, and then start attacking the new film, bashing Alex Garland's writing talents, complain about lack of scope with absolutely no regard paid to the realities of low to mid budget film making, and go on and on and on about how my own script would be a million billion times better, but how those fools just wouldn't listen to me? ME!?!?! And then I repeat the same crap over and over and over again, while insulting everybody around me, and generally sucking any enjoyment out of the room every time that I appear?

No?

Good.

Because that would make me an absolute, insufferable dick. And no one wants to be that guy. I mean even a somewhat too sarcastic fish has some standards... :P
Bloop.

Mabs

Quote from: Judge Fish on 11 November, 2012, 02:53:07 PM
Cool. So is this the part where I rip off my mask, scooby-doo style, and then start attacking the new film, bashing Alex Garland's writing talents, complain about lack of scope with absolutely no regard paid to the realities of low to mid budget film making, and go on and on and on about how my own script would be a million billion times better, but how those fools just wouldn't listen to me? ME!?!?! And then I repeat the same crap over and over and over again, while insulting everybody around me, and generally sucking any enjoyment out of the room every time that I appear?

No?

Good.

Because that would make me an absolute, insufferable dick. And no one wants to be that guy. I mean even a somewhat too sarcastic fish has some standards... :P

Lol!  :D
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

w3bz

Quote from: Judge Fish on 11 November, 2012, 02:53:07 PM

No?

Good.

Amen.

Judge Fudge

As sad as this sounds, all the mystique surrounding this guy makes me want to read his posts. Can someone post some links so I can judge for myself? I'm imagining some sort of demented man child akin to Chris Chandler or is that being kind?

Trout

I'm afraid his posts were subsumed into the user account named "Thread Zero". It may have been a technical problem or it may have been a temporal anomaly. You decide.

But if you want to read some of Scott's stuff (and that was lies madness), search the members' list for Thread Zero and sift through some pages. Alertantively, you could look at some of the earliest threads in the "general" section. There's a lot of his crap there.

w3bz

Quote from: Trout on 12 November, 2012, 01:20:58 PM
I'm afraid his posts were subsumed into the user account named "Thread Zero". It may have been a technical problem or it may have been a temporal anomaly. You decide.

But if you want to read some of Scott's stuff (and that was lies madness), search the members' list for Thread Zero and sift through some pages. Alertantively, you could look at some of the earliest threads in the "general" section. There's a lot of his crap there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juFZh92MUOY

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 12 November, 2012, 01:20:58 PM
I'm afraid his posts were subsumed into the user account named "Thread Zero". It may have been a technical problem or it may have been a temporal anomaly. You decide. But if you want to read some of Scott's stuff (and that way lies madness), search the members' list for Thread Zero and sift through some pages. Alternatively, you could look at some of the earliest threads in the "general" section. There's a lot of his crap there.

Bear in mind though, that what Trout said earlier about him being mentally ill wasn't a figure of speech. Anyone who's read his nonsense for any significant period of time could offer you a layman's diagnosis of OCD, autism and manic depression. In the very short time I've known of him I've witnessed two episodes of complete mental breakdown, one of which I found terrifying even though I was only reading words on a screen.

He once confessed to me - then deleted the post - that the only reason he uses such extremity of expression is because of a pathological fear of being ignored or dismissed, and an inability to express himself and interact with others in any other way. Such serious emotional and psychological problems must be socially crippling, and it doesn't take an empath to imagine what kind of treatment someone like him would have received at school, and what a limited existence he must lead.

I've gone from finding his bizarre obsession hilarious to actually finding it quite tragic and feeling a sense of responsibility toward someone so obviously vulnerable - and wondering why the people who care for him allow him to spend his time doing something which only fuels his mania and allows him to keep damaging himself over and over again.

Cursed Earth Dweller

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 09 November, 2012, 10:17:58 PM
I have brought this to the attention of mods with more superpowers than me.

Looks like your request came through for I just recently got access to the film discussion.

Cheers to you and to the LAW...er, I mean mods!

DW2012

I came across he-who-shall-not-be-named's works after spotting some reference to him in the aintitcoolnews comments.  I was always aware that the internet had all sorts of people but some of the stuff that he had written really made it clear that there are people with problems who have internet access.  Looking at some deserted forum which was full of nothing but posts by a single user reminded me of an entry on a cracked.com list (no. 5 , http://www.cracked.com/article_18792_the-7-most-unintentionally-creepy-places-internet.html).

I can certainly see the necessity for troll fences but think I can also imagine the attrition rate of new members must be higher because of it.