Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Mogzilla, have you seen Kev Levell's 2KAD Lego character sheets?  Superb!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

ming

I didn't really intend to take that Shakara any further as I didn't really think I have the pieces required to do it properly.  However, a bit of messing around (with the boys singing their new Shakara! song in the background) and I've got a bit further...

Legs?  Maybe later.

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dandontdare

just when I think these couldn't get any better you surpass yourself! I've been racking my brains for ideas (would never have thought of Shakara) but coming up blank. Keep up the good work though!

ming

Quote from: Dandontdare on 24 May, 2014, 12:08:32 PM
just when I think these couldn't get any better you surpass yourself! I've been racking my brains for ideas (would never have thought of Shakara) but coming up blank. Keep up the good work though!

Thanks!  For most of the things I've attempted, it all starts with a basic consideration of 'could we do that with the bits I have?' and then starting off with a key portion of the character - usually the head.  If the head is do-able and captures at least some aspect of the character then it tends to take the pressure off the rest of the build.  A limited selection of bricks means it's all done on the fly and I definitely don't plan these out beyond a vague idea of how certain bits might work out.

Give it a go! :)

ming

Quote from: ming on 24 May, 2014, 11:27:15 AMLegs?  Maybe later.

Yesterday, Oskar (three and a half) drew Shakara punching his way through a Teknosaur.

:)

CrazyFoxMachine

mogzilla

Quote from: Dash Decent on 23 May, 2014, 10:57:40 PM
Mogzilla, have you seen Kev Levell's 2KAD Lego character sheets?  Superb!

aye, I remember them being posted on here a while back...

shall we set up one of those online petition?s if the dredd 2 one aint happening 2000ad lego(or equivalent)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience.

Andrew_J

ming

Glad you're liking these; as always it's good fun, a good way to wind down and a great way to casually introduce the boys to some Thrill Power.

Oskar was singing this morning, and eventually I figured out the lyrics... "Arnold Stodgman, Arnold Stodgman, Aaaaarnold Stodgmaaaaan!"

Those Fatties made quite an impression.

:D

Colin YNWA

Watching this one come to fruition has been a joy!

chiefy2shoes

Get some up on here

https://ideas.lego.com/

You may one day see one of your pieces made into an official set. I know everyone on here would vote for it.

Dash Decent

I've been racking my brains for ideas (would never have thought of Shakara) but coming up blank.

I keep thinking a Lawmaster would be cool without being too hard to make, but I still haven't found the time to get anywhere near my son's Lego box.  I can imagine making a basic long, rectangular body, with two wheels side by side to give the necessary big wheel thickness, and going from there.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

ming

Quote from: Dash Decent on 28 May, 2014, 01:18:21 PM
I've been racking my brains for ideas (would never have thought of Shakara) but coming up blank.

I keep thinking a Lawmaster would be cool without being too hard to make, but I still haven't found the time to get anywhere near my son's Lego box.  I can imagine making a basic long, rectangular body, with two wheels side by side to give the necessary big wheel thickness, and going from there.

I gave a Lawmaster a quick go a while back but unfortunately didn't really get anywhere.  However, we've got more bricks now than we did so I decided to have another crack at it.  Shaping up okay so far, I think.  Pics later...

:)

Pyroxian

Something like this I'd imagine?