Main Menu

2000AD Lego builds

Started by ming, 10 February, 2014, 02:44:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Pyroxian on 30 May, 2014, 12:54:52 PM
Something like this I'd imagine?

Well, kind of :lol:

Getting all (or as many as possible) of the Lawmaster details present and correct is a challenge at the scale we're working at, though.  Without custom or readily available specific parts for some aspects it's just a matter or working with what we've got and hoping for the best.  Anyway, I'll finish this off later and post up a couple of pics this evening.

It's all good fun, and seeing the boys, for instance, drawing and playing at being Shakara is reward enough (they also have a theme tune).

ming

"Bike!  To me!"

Fairly happy with this and the boys think it's cool and want to know more, which is the main point of the exercise, really.  The pics don't really show the wheels which, although fairly chunky, aren't as voluminous as I'd like.

:)

SKD

This thread is a joy, stimulating and inspiring. Well done Ming, that Lawmaster is superb.

Colin YNWA

Yep this thread continues to be a joy whenever it shows up.

Great stuff as ever

ming

Slight tweak to the eagle on the front; a bit less clunky now, hopefully.

judda fett

Mardroid

That lawmaster brilliant! I hope you don't mind me saying I think I actually prefer the earlier version with the bigger eagle though.

ming

Quote from: Mardroid on 31 May, 2014, 02:26:57 PM
That lawmaster brilliant! I hope you don't mind me saying I think I actually prefer the earlier version with the bigger eagle though.

No, I certainly don't mind - all feedback and suggestions are very welcome!  The first eagle just seemed a bit chunky to me but on balance I also prefer it to the second attempt.  :)

ZenArcade

Ming, there is simply no end to the pleasure I derive from your work on this thread. Excellent stuff!
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Frank

Quote from: ming on 30 May, 2014, 06:46:16 PM
the wheels, although fairly chunky, aren't as voluminous as I'd like

Two films and $150 million couldn't solve that problem. Your bike looks better than both their efforts.

ming

Aw, thanks, folks.

Moving on (or back)...

Anatomy of a Fatty.

I did a quick breakdown of a basic Fatty build for Number One Son earlier and took a few pics in case anyone here wanted to take one for a spin / waddle.

I'm sure a lot of the parts could be substituted for others with decent results.  I used different parts to make the upper body curves in the first one I built (visible in the pics I posted a few pages back) but the ones I used here are maybe more common.  Also, the slanting 2x1 bricks in the upper-right pic are ones I only just got access to; previously I used 1x1 pieces of the same shape.  The downward slanting pieces I used for the lower belly / leg area can be 2x2 or 1x2 depending on whether you need to leave room for a bellywheel.  One final thing: I used Blu-Tack to get the arms fixed in place as I couldn't figure out a better solution...

ming

FRED 2L might be getting an upgrade this week.  Far too few green bricks to do this in green (as I'd like) but I figure it's worth continuing to see how this works out...

Bat King

I haven't checked back often enough...

Blimey what a lovely Lawmaster (I prefer the smaller Eagle by the way).

Love the 'Anatomy of a Fatty'!

Yer builds are outstanding!
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Hawkmumbler

Anatomy of a Fatty is getting filed for future reference. But why don't you warn us that placing a flat piece on any other brick is an irriversable process?!

Bat King

I've been able to reverse that step many, many times. Sometimes breaking a mail mind you.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex