Main Menu

Favourite CURRENT art droid Round 2 - David Taylor or Henry Flint

Started by Colin YNWA, 14 January, 2021, 06:47:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sean SD

IndigoPrime

These are tough. Taylor's done plenty of really great work, but Flint has got better and better and often hits a kind of iconic state for me that few other artists can match.

Rogue Judge

Henry Flint. When I was first getting into Dredd his art grabbed me immediately and didn't let go.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Andrew_J

Colin YNWA

DrJomster

The Flint droid wins it for me, but it is definitely worth mentioning that Dave's Megatropolis is very awesome indeed.
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

shaolin_monkey

sixmo

Quote from: Magnetica on 14 January, 2021, 07:39:10 AM
I'm loving Dave Taylor's art on Megatropolis, but really it's got to be Henry Flint.

Flint is probably preeminent amongst current art bots and is up there in the elite group. For me he's the modern equivalent of Mike McMahon. But he is also the modern equivalent of Kevin O'Neill.

This is what I would have written if I had the wit to do so.
Dave Taylor is phenomenal, but Flint's work is now iconic and definitive.

Henry Flint is my choice.

Colin YNWA

This one is closing tomorrow and while its not to close there's plenty of appreciation for both artists so far and of you want to do that just drop it in a vote today.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well while the votes clearly always going one way there was a lot of love for Dave Taylor here and as someone said he's the closed we've had to Moebius - which is quite some acalade. However its little surprise that

Henry Flint

Has justified his place as one of the favs here and is through to the Quarter Finals.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.