Main Menu

Judge Dredd: The Mega Collection discussion thread

Started by Molch-R, 10 December, 2014, 03:30:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

Just realised that Kev Walker's great starscan of Dredd on a Hondo law master has been incuded with the interview. The attention to detail on this series is great!

Apestrife

Quote from: robert_ellis on 09 July, 2015, 05:01:39 PM
It's always a conundrum - do you want a volume which reads well or a run by the same artist with odd narrative jumps!

Well I wouldn't mind something like America (basically a Colin McNeil-fest) with Necropolis, but with focus on Ezquerra. Similarly I'd like Dead man done like Democracy now, with a short main story followed by thematic stories from different Dredd eras. As for OZ, I wouldn't mind Bloodline and Shooting Match as back ups. I like a mix of books, some being big pieces (for example Day of Chaos) while others being several smaller pieces (For example Heavy mob) :)

Skullmo

I think they should be collected based on story.

Otherwise we could have a McMahon book containing half the Cursed Earth and Judge child and then charles darwin block
It's a joke. I was joking.

Apestrife

just to be clear, ii foremost want to read story centric and thematic books. not art collections.

ManParrish

Hope so more classic Dredd is on the horizon

moldovangerbil

I've just noticed that the next 2 issues have been added to my Hachette account, so they'll probably turn up early next week.  Seems like hardly any time since the last 2 were sent out!

Anzati

Yeah, my next two have appeared on the account too...and only 3 weeks after the last lot were sent. Looks like they're stepping up the rate of delivery...that's 6 issues in 5.5 weeks now.

moldovangerbil

I guess as it's fortnightly they need to run with 13 deliveries each year rather than 12.

BPP

People on FB were constantly giving grief about books being in the shops before they were with subscribers so I guess the sped it up a touch to get ahead of the curve.

Man, people will complain about anything.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Anzati

I suspect that they're trying to get all subscribers in sync with each other too. A couple of months ago I only received one book in that months delivery. This put in sync package wise with a friend of mine (he subscribed with issue 1, but I subscribed with issue 3, and I ended up always being one book ahead of him), but not with dispach dates. Where his were sent out towards the end of the month, mine we're always sent out at the beginning of the month...but for the last two deliveries we've both had them dispatched at the same time.

IndigoPrime

They were also keen to not change people twice in one month, figuring that was annoy. I was one of the 'late' subs. So I wrote to them on Facebook and asked whether my sub could be moved, and said I didn't care about being charged twice. My next package was among the first ones sent.

Frankly, I think the Facebook complaints are from a bunch of entitled whiners. Hachette's customer service seems pretty good when you actually bother to contact them (although curiously best via Facebook). I've had three replace books and a subs shift, all of which happened with essentially no fuss.

Anzati

So far I've been very happy with their customer service via, facebook, e-mail and phone. The only thing that I wasn't happy with was when they decided that screen captures showing a field length issue on the website were not good enough and they asked for my account password so that they could look at it. That one was via facebook.

The facebook whinging does seem to have quitened down quite a bit recently :) I'm looking forwards to my next issues arriving...hopefully on Saturday :)

W. R. Logan

I can't fault their customer services for replying however I've asked the same question twice.
I've managed to buy about half the books from my local newsagents and sent a list of what I had and asked what is missed so I could fill the gaps and then subscribe.
Both times I've been told that they're glad I'm buying the books and that they'll be 80 in the series.
So I've still no idea what issues I've missed or what the next one is to subscribe from.

W. R. Logan

Cheers Steve.
Obviously the issue numbers don't correspond with the volume numbers and to buy off their site you need the volume number.
Now can look at filling gaps and subscribing.