Started by Proudhuff, 11 June, 2012, 02:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Special dietary requirements: "Allergic to munce."
Doctor's Name: Robodoc #1327/AFa.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Definitely Not Mister Pops

The youtube algorithm keeps recommending me pig racing videos

I'm OK with this, it feels weirdly vindicating. It's a comfort going into a USA election cycle.
You may quote me on that.

The Legendary Shark

I lasted 43 seconds.

No, no... Not like that you reprobates at the back.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

Have they put the Blackpool tower out yet?

The Legendary Shark

Not fire. Orange netting blowing in the wind, apparently.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

Well that was embarrassing  :lol: 

Still at least a historic building was undamaged.

JohnW

After nearly four years of vaccinations and semi-reclusiveness, I finally caught the covid.
The part I really didn't enjoy was repeatedly being woken from delirious sleep in the shivering dark, choking on endless thin mucus.
Let me say it here, my friends: if this is what waterboarding is like, then I am against waterboarding.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Funt Solo

Quote from: JohnW on 13 January, 2024, 04:06:12 PMAfter nearly four years of vaccinations and semi-reclusiveness, I finally caught the covid.

Ah - I was wondering where you'd gone. Welcome back!
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JohnW

Thanks, Funt.
[ugly fluids dripping from every facial orifice joined unnoticed by single sentimental tear]
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

Le Fink

Quote from: JohnW on 13 January, 2024, 04:06:12 PMAfter nearly four years of vaccinations and semi-reclusiveness, I finally caught the covid.
Yeesh sounds ghastly. Glad you're feeling better JW.

JohnW

Too kind.
[waves feeble hand and coughs graciously in LeFink's direction]

The Legendary Shark

I once had a girlfriend whose cure-all was a bottle of whiskey and a candle. The idea was to get comfy, light the candle and drink the whiskey. The more candles you end up seeing, the less important the malady feels. Also, the ensuing hangover overwhelms the disease.

I imagine she's probably dead by now.

Which is my rather baffling way of wishing you a speedy recovery and enough tissues.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JohnW

Did this lady have long red hair a taste for black miniskirts? If so, then we have more in common than I reckoned, Sharky.
(I no longer drink whiskey, but on the positive side, these past few days I've been able to spit in every colour on the khaki end of the spectrum.)

The Legendary Shark

Rest easy, our commonality isn't going to get weird  :lol:
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

JayzusB.Christ

Glad you're on the mend, John. I've had the Covid at least once and probably twice but only realised it after the fact the second time round.  Right now I have a cold and it feels much worse than either dose.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"