Main Menu

Help me Hive Mind, you're my only hope...

Started by Bolt-01, 22 August, 2018, 09:37:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

The obvious one would be MCM in May as it covers everything from comics, cosplay, books, table top games etc. Hotels are very expensive around the excel but if you go out a bit further i.e. Stratford you can get straight on the tube/DLR to the venue. Only downfall is that it normally falls on the same weekend as Lawless

The Doctor Alt 8

The Doctor Alt 8

I won't go into details but... well I recently found out that my mother was incorrectly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when actually she was type 1. This has been the main cause of her legs never healing from ulcerations. Now she has been properly treated they have almost returned to normal for the first time in 10 years. I want (If I can get mother to give permission) that I should seek to take legal action against our GP practice who's laziness and incompetence is the main cause. Has anyone ever had to sue the NHS? How dose one go about doing so? Is it worth it? I'm not after money I want my GP surgery investigated. My mother could have lost her sight or her limbs. It's disgusting and I don't think they should get away with this.

sheridan

Quote from: rogue69 on 30 September, 2023, 09:13:30 PMThe obvious one would be MCM in May as it covers everything from comics, cosplay, books, table top games etc. Hotels are very expensive around the excel but if you go out a bit further i.e. Stratford you can get straight on the tube/DLR to the venue. Only downfall is that it normally falls on the same weekend as Lawless

Excel is on the Lizzy line (though it's the south branch, so from the Essex branch they'd have to go down to Whitechapel, then head back to Custom House from there).  There's no direct DLR from Stratford, but they could change at Canning Town.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 28 November, 2023, 02:04:38 PMI won't go into details but... well I recently found out that my mother was incorrectly diagnosed with type 2 diabetes when actually she was type 1. This has been the main cause of her legs never healing from ulcerations. Now she has been properly treated they have almost returned to normal for the first time in 10 years. I want (If I can get mother to give permission) that I should seek to take legal action against our GP practice who's laziness and incompetence is the main cause. Has anyone ever had to sue the NHS? How dose one go about doing so? Is it worth it? I'm not after money I want my GP surgery investigated. My mother could have lost her sight or her limbs. It's disgusting and I don't think they should get away with this.

https://resolution.nhs.uk/services/claims-management/advice-for-claimants/

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

Quote from: sheridan on 28 November, 2023, 02:27:34 PMThere's no direct DLR from Stratford, but they could change at Canning Town.
The Beckton line used to go from Stratford to Custom House but they must have just changed that

A.Cow

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 28 November, 2023, 02:04:38 PMIt's disgusting and I don't think they should get away with this.

When you say "they", you mean the GP?  That's reasonable.  Surely the answer is to report the GP to the British Medical Council, who will take appropriate action against the individual concerned.

You say you don't want money ... so why are you suing "the NHS"?  That action will will eat up public money that could be better spent on others who need it, and probably have little or no impact whatsoever on the individual who made the misdiagnosis.

Please don't let your anger cloud your judgement.  Target the cause not the symptom.

The Doctor Alt 8

Sorry... Sueing is probably the wrong word. Lots of people have said I should persue a no win no fee option because they are as much in the dark as I am about how to proceed. I have voiced my concerns to people in our council and their reaction is to tut, agree and offer no help at all. I also have the issue that as my mother is fully in charge of her faculties  it would be HER who will have to start any complaint. And I know my mother She is somewhat... paranoid. Not mental health need action paranoid but certainly of the "Don't complain or they will put you on a list and you'll get worse treatment!" Paranoid. I was just asking to see if anyone has complained about their Doctors surgery and if they thought it was worth it.

The Doctor Alt 8

Well now it would seem that everything is suspended. I got a call from the hospital about a couple of hours ago. Mother is not responding to oxygen treatment because her lungs are failing. This is because she has lung cancer that had spread so treatment would only be palliative.  We were told she would have had more time than this. I will keep you folks informed.

The Legendary Shark

Sorry to hear that, Doc. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Doctor Alt 8

[/size]Thank you so much Shark (If a may be so informal) I estimate from what happened to Henry when his mother died that I probably have a month to clear everything after she dies. Perhaps a little more as it's Christmas. [/size]

Tjm86

Aye, thoughts and prayers with you all at this time.  If there is anything we can do then please just shout. (or make Tardis noises ...)

The Doctor Alt 8

font=Times New Roman]OK "makes TARDIS noise"

Mother died early hours of yesterday morning. Not that the Hospital has told me. I heard 2nd hand from my cousin. (And isn't that wrong?)

Mother told me that all the required paperwork to deal with her death would be found in her chair pocket. There is nothing. She said that she wanted no service. We really really can't afford it. Said she wanted the Pure Cremations option. Mother was an organized woman. I thought she would have taken out a policy with them. I can find nothing. That means I have got to find the money for the service. That is if they will accept a payment up front.

Mother owes money. We were confidently told that Mother would probably live for another 2 years. The Doctor I spoke to (And should of recorded) Clearly indicated that her death was caused indirectly from her prolonged hospital stay... which means I will now have to pay back the carers allowance I was finally granted.

I estimate the dept is around £2500. I can't find evidence of any life insurance policy.

I paid this moths rent so I have a roof over my head until the second week of January. After that I will probably be homeless So dose anyone  have a large shed me and Dorian can live in? We were made homeless once and the place we were housed in was so awful at least 2 people have committed suicide.

I can cook, clean and do light gardening. All my qualifications

I have no ID. I was going to apply for a Passport next year as I now have the money to do so. And I had the time to do so. Or so I thought. So no money... even if I qualified for any form of benefits.

So I am f**ked.

Oh and Adrian is currently in hospital. He has had blackouts and has been severely trembling. He is not a drinker and the probable cause even though there is no family history is that he has contracted Parkinson's.

Merry bloody Christmas to us.[/font]

JohnW

My heart goes out to you, Doc. I ran out of parents myself not too many years back.
Why can't everybody just, y'know, be friends and everything? ... and uh ... And love each other!

The Legendary Shark

My condolences, Doc. 

I hope things level out for you soon.

xx

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]