Main Menu

Captain America: Civil War (2016)

Started by Goaty, 25 November, 2015, 06:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

To be fair, we also shat all over that other film about a patriotic blue superhero fighting a billionaire in a robot suit.

I, Cosh

I decided to watch the trailer before making any more half-baked assertions. Looks generically watchable and it's good to see Spiderman continuing the noble 21st Century tradition of really silly voices in superhero films.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

Have they changed Captain America's suit again?  It looked almost black.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

JamesC

I can almost guarantee that I'll go to see this film at the cinema and I'll enjoy it.
It's just a question of how much.

And I think Spidey looks great.

TordelBack

Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2016, 12:54:49 PM
I can almost guarantee that I'll go to see this film at the cinema and I'll enjoy it.
It's just a question of how much.

Well put!

Goaty

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Ollamh Iompróidh on 11 March, 2016, 12:01:51 PM
To be fair, we also shat all over that other film about a patriotic blue superhero fighting a billionaire in a robot suit.

I am not feeling well, I have a cold, I slept for about two hours, and I have a pounding headache.

Excuses placed: what film are you talking about? I know I'll kick myself when you tell me
Lock up your spoons!

Goaty

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 March, 2016, 12:30:40 PM
I decided to watch the trailer before making any more half-baked assertions. Looks generically watchable and it's good to see Spiderman continuing the noble 21st Century tradition of really silly voices in superhero films.
He sounds like a 16 year old. As he should do.

Grugz

Quote from: The Cosh on 11 March, 2016, 08:20:53 AM
Quote from: JamesC on 11 March, 2016, 06:37:12 AM
Shitter in what way? Spidey's a great character IMHO.
Whining little gimp who still lives with his aunt. Not very super.

fixed that for you grumpy! ;)
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html

Professor Bear

Spidey being so flawed is what makes him interesting.  Few superheroes are selfish, bullying social climbers, but this is the heart of Spidey's character to the point that everything he does is motivated by trying not to be the guy who looks the other way and only thinks of himself because that's when Uncle Bens start getting knocked off.  It's touched upon less in modern times because the Overton Window has made such things unfashionable to speak about, but Spidey's stories for decades also revolved around his poverty, so there was an element of commentary on America's underclass, too.

Having said all that, I doubt very much if there will be anything made of the contrast between shit-poor Spider-Kid and the middle-aged superhero billionaires of the MCU.

Goaty

Ha Captain America Winter Soldier just on Netflix now :)

Leigh S

I love the 60s Spidey comics - probably the only Super Hero stuff I have enjoyed - precisely because his super heroics are inextricaably linked with his teenage problems - indeed, cut out the super villains and I'd still fiind the stories enjoyable just for the character stuff.  Parkers dilemmas add so much, as he tries to juggle his responsibilities to his family with school, growing up, social alienation and misunderstandings with this extra burden.  They are beautiful comics.

Goaty

Wooh!  :o

Empire just rated it 5 stars! Their quote; "Captain America: Civil War is the best Marvel Studios movie yet. There, we said it."

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Goaty on 13 April, 2016, 08:06:18 PM
Empire just rated it 5 stars! Their quote; "Captain America: Civil War is the best Marvel Studios movie yet. There, we said it."

To be fair, Empire have been whoring out their five star ratings for so long, I don't even read their reviews any more.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.