Main Menu

The Mandalorian S3 (HIGH CHANCE OF SPOILERS!)

Started by Jim_Campbell, 16 March, 2023, 11:54:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Okay, so that last episode was good. Very good, even - but somehow not great. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it well enough but it didn't quite live up to the last few episodes. Nothing leaped out as being wrong with it; it was thoroughly Star Wars from start to finish. But it felt like something was missing. No idea what. Maybe I just wasn't in the right frame of mind to lose myself in it.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

rogue69

Shame they got rid of Grogu's IG-12 machine, there was a lot more that they could have done with that

As if Disney have not managed to make enough money out of Grogu, they change his name again to Din Grogu as his is now the adopted son of Din Djarin so they can sell the same stuff again but with his new name on them

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

sheridan

Nah, people with grogu plushes aren't going to buy them again because they're now din grogu plushies (for a start, the name doesn't appear on the plush).

On the series - I found a few of the seeming dead ends interesting.  One episode was called The Spies but didn't we only see one spy?  What's up with Pershing?  That diversion didn't seem to go anywhere, so presumably it's going to be much more important in future series?  Either Ahsoka or Mando 4...

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: sheridan on 21 April, 2023, 08:30:44 AMne episode was called The Spies but didn't we only see one spy?

Some speculation that this is a biblical reference to the Book of Numbers — Moses sent twelve spies to scout Canaan since the people had been in exile, not spies in the 'secret agent' sense, but to literally spy out the land.

A little erudite/obscure, perhaps, but the reference certainly fits the episode.

Edit to add: And, yeah... overall, I've enjoyed this season and the last episode was a corker. Isn't Filoni now supposed to be doing a movie to tie up the remaining Mandalorian threads, rather than a Season 4? (Which, I imagine, has something to do with Pedro Pascal's availability/fee these days.)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

sheridan

That's plausible - we've had biblical references in a Mandoverse episode title already: Stranger in a Strange Land...

Trooper McFad

Loved the last episode as for a series finale it was way better than some. I don't know if a film to finish it off or a shortened S4 (4 or 6 episodes) would be best. I always have worries over final seasons/episodes as I've been let down too many time and mostly left feeling "Meh"

I didn't get any of the religious connotations/hints as not a religious person. But that's why this board is so good because now I'm informed.

Still looking forward to this ending and the upcoming Ahsoka series. I love her arc in the clone wars.

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!