Main Menu

Cliffhanger Reboot.

Started by IAMTHESYSTEM, 02 May, 2023, 09:28:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IAMTHESYSTEM

Yep, action flick Ckliffhnager is getting a reboot from the man himself, Sylvester Stallone.

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/sylvester-stallone-cliffhanger-reboot-ric-roman-waugh-1235599620/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

nxylas

I wish people would stop using the word "reboot" when they actually mean sequel, or remake, or adaptation. Words have meanings.
AIEEEEEE! It's the...THING from the HELL PLANET!

Barrington Boots

I took a girl on a date to see Cliffehanger in 1993. Turned out she wasn't a fan of heights: it didn't work out.

Anyway, I can't believe anyone is desperate to remake this, it sucks.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

Quote from: nxylas on 02 May, 2023, 12:17:21 PMI wish people would stop using the word "reboot" when they actually mean sequel, or remake, or adaptation. Words have meanings.

Yes you are right; reading the article is says "continuing the story". So it's a sequel not a reboot.

Either way, can't say I'm that bothered.

At best I'll possibly watch it on whatever streaming service it turns up on, in a few years, when looking for something to watch with the family. But I won't be going to the cinema for this one.

Funt Solo

Quote from: nxylas on 02 May, 2023, 12:17:21 PMI wish people would stop using the word "reboot" when they actually mean sequel, or remake, or adaptation. Words have meanings.

Imagine the fun we could have with words, though.

- Requel: a remake of a sequel (they'll be using this when they remake The Last Jedi)
 - Preboot: a reimagining of a prequel (they'll be using this for a Phantom Menace reboot)
 - Bootcon: a convention for fans of Doctor Martens.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

You have to admire Sly's penchant for slapping on a bit of pancake and beard dye and just continuing pretty much any franchise from decades ago.
Who knows what he'll get up to next, Danny Cannon fans.

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 02 May, 2023, 03:30:13 PMI took a girl on a date to see Cliffehanger in 1993. Turned out she wasn't a fan of heights: it didn't work out.

As did I, coincidentally.
I recall that I wore a lemon coloured t-shirt under a sleeveless denim shirt - as was the fashion in Summer Bay at the time.
Struck out hard on 1st base.

Anyway, I'm just here to bemoan the fact that this thread turned out not to be news regarding some new 90's style comics from Madureira, Campbell and Ramos.

sheridan

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 May, 2023, 01:57:54 PMStruck out hard on 1st base.

Never having played or watched baseball but recognising that it is a baseball metaphor - was that good or bad (for you)?

Barrington Boots

As someone who is wearing a sleeveless denim right now, I think your date showed a lack of taste there Link.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: sheridan on 05 May, 2023, 09:28:57 AMwas that good or bad (for you)?

Let's just say I was a few steps lower than Artie Ziff on the fashion scale as a teenager - around where Barrington is now, in his 40's.