Main Menu

Bargains and deals

Started by sheldipez, 07 March, 2013, 09:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogue69

Colin YNWA

Quote from: rogue69 on 23 August, 2020, 11:38:49 PM
Zavvi have 10 DC graphic novels for £19.99

https://www.zavvi.com/books/mystery-dc-comics-graphic-novel-10-pack/11971349.html

I wonder if they are just mopping up the volumes they haven't shifted in the previous sale?

IndigoPrime

Probably. And at least if they're random, you can complain when they send the wrong one...

sintec

Latest Humble Bundle is offerring up 12 volumes of The Boys along with some Project Superpowers. Boys Vs Project Superpowers bundle

I've not heard of Project Superpowers before but The Boys has been on my "to buy" list for a while so this is an instant buy for me at that price.

CalHab

Marvel has made every Black Panther issue available for free on Comixology.

bernardsfingers

For anyone who hasn't already pre-ordered the Absolute Swamp Thing V2 from Amazon for £28.16 it has now dropped to £23.25, which is just stupid for a book with a RRP of £80.00.  This is price matching Hive.co.uk if you'd prefer to order elsewhere, but there are a couple of other sites also selling it for <£30 (wordery, WH Smiths).

IndigoPrime

Latest Humble Bundle is a Gillen/McKelvie one, featuring all of The Wicked + The Divine (and other stuff) for £15.54.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kieron-gillen-and-jamie-mckelvie-showcase-books

I, Cosh

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 08:02:43 PM
Latest Humble Bundle is a Gillen/McKelvie one, featuring all of The Wicked + The Divine (and other stuff) for £15.54.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/kieron-gillen-and-jamie-mckelvie-showcase-books
Defintely worth it for anybody who hasn't read WicDiv or Phonogram. Slightly odd that the bundle includes both the standard trades and the deluxe editions. Anybody know if there are any worthwhile extras in the latter?
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: I, Cosh on 01 October, 2020, 03:22:31 PM
Quote from: IndigoPrime on 30 September, 2020, 08:02:43 PM

Defintely worth it for anybody who hasn't read WicDiv or Phonogram. Slightly odd that the bundle includes both the standard trades and the deluxe editions. Anybody know if there are any worthwhile extras in the latter?

Sorry Phonogram drove you nuts... well I say that as it drove me nuts. Some of his tastes (obviously his own and utterly valid) did my head in and it was so defined in the story I just found myself reverting to my opinionated music snub self and scoffing - pulling me out the story completely. Its my fault, its not a bad comic, I just found it annoying to read!

I, Cosh

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 October, 2020, 03:25:39 PM
Sorry Phonogram drove you nuts... well I say that as it drove me nuts. Some of his tastes (obviously his own and utterly valid) did my head in and it was so defined in the story I just found myself reverting to my opinionated music snub self and scoffing - pulling me out the story completely. Its my fault, its not a bad comic, I just found it annoying to read!
I absolutely adore Phonogram. Britpop largely passed me by, so I found that the music they were obsessing over in the first series was sufficiently divorced from my own tastes that I could enjoy the picture it painted of self-obsessed indie snobs (and how it reflected me and my friends) without getting annoyed.

Also, I bought the first Kenickie album off the back of the series, which is fantastic and started my long running admiration of Ms Lauren Laverne.
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 01 October, 2020, 03:22:31 PMSlightly odd that the bundle includes both the standard trades and the deluxe editions.
It includes the deluxe edition extras, rather than the entire volumes, which is odd. I suspect that's so they could split TW+TD 1 into the first tier, and also have more books—otherwise this bundle would have looked a bit sparse. Given that I already own the complete TW+TD, I can't imagine I'll be bothering with this one.

CalHab

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 01 October, 2020, 03:25:39 PM

Phonogram is like reading mid-late 90s NME in comic form. It drove me mental as well.

I don't have a great opinion of Kieron Gillen as a writer, but Phonogram is definitely his low point. A terrible waste of Jamie McKelvie.

Jade Falcon

The Oxfam shop I work on got the Starblazer deluxe collection with the Grant Morrison Operation Overkill and the McMahon drawn Jaws of Death

Also two Rebellion published pieces of vintage, Death Wish from Tiger and Speed about a former race driver who becomes horribly disfigured after a crash and something called Turbo Jones which I've never heard of but looks decent
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

sintec

https://www.humblebundle.com/books/terrifying-tales-from-kodansha-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_6

I'm tempted to grab this for the Junji Ito stuff.  Haven't heard of any of the other titles though - anyone else know anything about them

Tombo

Quote from: sintec on 09 October, 2020, 07:19:37 PM
https://www.humblebundle.com/books/terrifying-tales-from-kodansha-books?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_6

I'm tempted to grab this for the Junji Ito stuff.  Haven't heard of any of the other titles though - anyone else know anything about them
Dragon Head is a post apocalyptic horror series, a group of school kids get caught in a train tunnel due to a disaster (never specified possibly WW3 possibly meteor strike) and have to survive an increasingly demented world.  It's out of print physically but I have the first six volumes and might get the last four through Book Walker.

Glepnir is about people turning into monsters and searching for "coins" on behalf of an alien.  The two main characters are in a weird, sort of twisted, sort of romantic, relationship.  It got an Anime adaptation earlier this year and is ongoing with seven volumes out to date.

Until your Bones Rot is about a group of kids who killed someone (possibly an abuser) and agreed to meet once a year in the cave where they hid the body until its rotted away but someone has taken the remains and is now blackmailing the group  (not yet purchased this one but its on my wish list on Bookwalker)

Inuyashiki is about an old man, dying of cancer who is accidently hurt by aliens who rebuild him as a cyborg and he has to hunt down another cyborg who has started killing people (think Robocop meets Death Note).  Again another series I haven't got but I've seen bits of the Anime (OP is by Man With a Mission and is a banger).

Happiness is a vampire story, also not yet read it but it appears to focus as much on the relationship between vampire and "victim" as on the whole creature of the night business.

Don't know anything about the rest although In/Spectre got an anime last year and I think is about people chasing after ghosts and demon, oh and the main female lead has an artificial leg