Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - A Joe Black Adventure vs. Invasion Round 2 Heat 109

Started by Colin YNWA, 20 April, 2022, 06:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Three weeks and counting and some interesting thrills appear. Ones that I think are great and widely loved but might have one factor or another that might stop them going as far as they otherwise might? This Round I'm not sure this will be tested toooo much but good to see how they will fare.

Last of the Prog 1 stories finally shows up and it will be interesting to see how it does. Nostalgia doesn't seem to have served these stories as well as I thought it might. Its superior reboot though took a notable scalp earlier in the Round, in possibly toughest tie to date (against Devlin Waugh) so is there a lot of Bill Savage love out there? Surely enough to wack a rat?

A Joe Black Adventure - more info

Vs

Invasion - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday April 23rd and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

Invasion is my choice this round but again two thrills that I did not really like that much
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

Coincidentally I have just bought the heavily discounted Invasion digital collection, having only read the incomplete Extreme Edition version.

So I haven't read it all yet. What I remember from before is, it quickly becomes very formulaic and relies on a convenient object lying around for Savage to use as a weapon. And at the end it seemed to me  like the writers had had enough and just wanted to finish it.

Joe Black was good fun and I would like to have seen more of it.

Blue Cactus

Invasion is very much of its time and quite formulaic, but also somewhat iconic so I'll vote for it here, fun though Joe Black is.

Invasion

IndigoPrime

I enjoyed Joe Black. I endured Invasion. So Joe Black wins it for me. But I'll be bloody amazed if it gets through against the Mills-originated behemoth.

AlexF

Invasion is brutal fun. Not super sophisticated, except perhaps for the basic 'what if' set up, namely 'what if our own country was invaded and overrun by oppressive foreginers', that really works for Sci-Fi adventure thrills.

Joe Black has some clever plt twists and a likeable rogue in the lead, but it can't compare.

Invasion.

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Link Prime

Colin YNWA

With a day to go its good to see Joe Black offer resistance to the relentless advance of the forces of Invasion. Its been slow but seems unlikely to grind to a halt. We'll find out tomorrow.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!