Main Menu

Previews

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 04 March, 2004, 09:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

The latest Previews has this to say about things to come.

2000 AD PROGS #1388-1391
Britain's award-winning, highly influential weekly sci-fi anthology comic continues to stand at the cutting edge of graphic entertainment after twenty-seven years of continuous publication! The Spring line-up continues in style, with skysurfer Chopper brought back to Mega-City One on a mission of mercy, courtesy of John Wagner, Patrick Goddard and Dylan Teague; undercover Judge Aimee Nixon discovers a conspiracy in ?Low Life? by Rob Williams (Cla$$ War) and Henry Flint (Judge Dredd vs Aliens); there?s deep space drama in A.H.A.B. by Nigel Kitching and Richard Elson; and Cockney street warrior Savage leads the revolution against the invading Volgans, by Pat Mills and Charlie Adlard (The Establishment). Plus: future lawman Judge Dredd investigates some of his most bizarre cases yet, from flesh-hungry Kleggs to Liverpudlian zombies, courtesy of Alan Grant (Lobo), David Roach and Ian Gibson (Boba Fett)!

JUDGE DREDD MEGAZINE #219
Five all-new strip adventures from the worlds of Judge Dredd and beyond! Judge Dredd begins his crusade against the New Mutant Army in ?Damned Ranger? (2 of 3: John Wagner & John Ridgway); Mean Machine?s in love in ?Angel Heart? (2 of 3: John Wagner & David Millgate); witness the fall and fall of the Big Meg?s Greatest Living Actor in ?Whatever Happened To ... Conrad Conn?? (Gordon Rennie & Carlos Trigo); Young Middenface meets a cannibal clan in ?Brigadoom!? (2 of 3: Alan Grant & Patrick Goddard/Dylan Teague); and the Debaucherie Club opens its doors in ?Black Siddha: Kali Yuga? (2 of 6: Pat Mills & Simon Davis). Plus: news, features, interviews and classic British comic thrills, including Charley's War (Pat Mills & Joe Colquhoun).

I'm just glad Savage is fighting Volgans and not the EEC as suggested on this board following EE3.

Hope Lowlife is good. I kind of get sick of Conspiracies in stories.

Satanist

Cheers Mate,
Scouse zombies...Hooray!
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Pete Wells

Sounds canny enough, can anyone tell me who Conrad Conn is though?

Cheers,

Pete.

Rio De Fideldo

He was the actor who Cal asked to play Judge Dredd in the story of his life.

I think he turned up on a Mega City version of the Word in the Muzik Killer.

DavidXBrunt

Just thinking the other day about how we're due the return of Middenface. Glad to see he's back.

And the Mean Machine and Chopper tales mean I get points in the league.

Thanks for posting those Rio, much appreciated as I can never find the listings in preview.

Smiley

Hey, David Roach and Trigo? Nostalgia.

Rio De Fideldo

What has Carlos Trigo done before? I don't recognise the name.

DavidXBrunt

Nothings listed on the site but Carlos Pino used to do things circa Invasion.

philt

Middenface is BACK! - oh joy.....

Thread Zero

What has Carlos Trigo done before? I don't recognise the name.

'Trigo' was the artist on the first episode of 'The Visible Man' - don't know if the same one, though.

Byron Virgo

Yay! I read about the David Roach Dredd thing in Previews last week and have been bouncing with excitement ever since.

Just a slight correction, but Cal asked Conrad Conn to play himself, not Dredd (who was being played by a chubby dwarf).

Carlos Trigo: any relation to the bloke what started the Trigan Empire on the planet Elekton?

Smiley

My mistake. Apparently Carlos is some bloke who drew something called Superhero High.

I was thinking of (Augsuto?) Trigo who worked on 2000AD at the embryonic stage, drawing the first couple of episodes of The Visible Man and the original artist for Harlem Heroes before Dave Gibbons got the gig (the back page of Prog 1 was the only one of Trigo's to see print).

Devons Daddy

sounds like the line-up is a solid one.

with some great classic dredd tales of mega city nutty crimes. and some Kleggs. what more could we ask for.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

The Monarch

Middenface!!!!

yahoooooooooo

whooooooooo

yeahhhhhhhh

wayne99

I know who Carlos Trigo is, you are right... he is not the Carlos Trigo who did the visible man, he's just done this thing!
 He's now doing Superhero High! with Platinum Studios, plot by Brian Augustyn... I've seen some art fir this serie and it just look great!!!, I don?t know what happened wiht this 6 paged work...