Main Menu

Creating a Judge’s uniform

Started by Dodsy, 22 May, 2013, 12:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodsy

I'm sure I'm like a lot of people post on these boards who'd love one of the Planet Replica Judges uniforms (or similar), the only thing hold us back is that £2000odd price tag. I know if I could afford it I'd have mine ordered the next chance I got.

Knowing I'm probably never going to get around to being able to save the £2000 due to life getting in the way (and going to cons, collecting comics, etc), the best I could probably hope for is a helmet (which I'd still love to have). It got me thinking if anyone on the boards has ever made their own Judges uniform? Movie or comic version, and if anyone knows of any good guides online (preferable step-by-step) to help the less talented amongst us have a shot at making one ourselves.

I thought it could be a fun little project and it would be great to see a couple of homemade Judges uniforms on patrol around the cons. (Could they all be classed at Jimps by the Planet Replica Judge's?)
Twitter - @dodsy84

junox

you should head over to  RPF  and  build your own in your spare time
go here
http://www.therpf.com/judge-dredd-costume-group/

Dodsy

Think I've been to that site before. I'll have to have a proper browse through it, a lot of good ideas on there.
Twitter - @dodsy84

COMMANDO FORCES

I look forward to seeing your progress.

Dodsy

Cheers CF, everything is kind of up in the air with this at the minute. I still need to figure out if I can feasibly do this yet.
If I do I'll try and keep the boards posted and who knows we might end up on patrol together some day  :lol:
Twitter - @dodsy84

Dash Decent

Ice cream container, cling film, yellow paper, sticky tape, gardening gloves - sorted!

Yeah, I know - you'd never guess if it wasn't for the missing elbow pads.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

COMMANDO FORCES

Those are awesome. I wondered when the photo's of Pete Wells and the Whittle would surface :D

Beadle68

Ha ha love that pic  :D its just my 9 year old has just seen it and wants me to build him a suit now  :(

Dodsy

Quote from: Beadle68 on 24 May, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
Ha ha love that pic  :D its just my 9 year old has just seen it and wants me to build him a suit now  :(

Want to make me one why your at it Beadle? Lol
Twitter - @dodsy84

Andy_Lee

Did you see the cardboard Judges at Thought Bubble last year?

Thought Bubble 2012-11-18-13h29m16 by Andy Lee - ★☆☆☆☆, on Flickr

Mardroid

That cardboard suit works rather well!

Sideshow Bob

^ This...

His helmet is squint !!.....Dress code violation..
No 'risque' comments please !! :D
" This is absolutely NO PLACE for a lover of Food, Fine Wine and the Librettos of RODGERS and HAMMERSTEIN "......Devlin Waugh.

My Comic Art Fans Gallery :  http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=91890

Mardroid

A  very nice looking Anderson though, but her costume is completely wrong.

;-)

Beadle68

Quote from: dodsy on 24 May, 2013, 07:57:54 PM
Quote from: Beadle68 on 24 May, 2013, 07:44:04 PM

Want to make me one why your at it Beadle? Lol
[/quote

NO  :lol: