Main Menu

Neverwinter On line woes...

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 27 July, 2020, 09:18:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

In the last Steam summer sale I bought Neverwinter Nights Special Edition. One of the reasons why I got it is that it has a multiplayer online option. Adrian too has this game on his X box one and we were hoping that while I was visiting him (as I don't have stable internet at home) that we could team up.

Yesterday we booted up our game and... well I couldn't work out how to join in. There were no instructions... Adrian was given no prompts as to searching for other players and I was asked for a DM password that I did not have & Adrian did not know. Can anyone help or are we doomed never to play together?

The Doctor Alt 8

Never mind... my copy of Neverwinter nights is now f**ed.  All that grinding has come to nowt.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Neverwinter Nights on the Xbox is a free to play game.

NWN spcial edition is an old game from the 90s.

They share the same name but are, in fact, totally different.
Lock up your spoons!

The Doctor Alt 8

Then why dose give me a multi player option when I sign in... (Or rather USED to as my game is broken)

MumboJimbo

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 18 August, 2020, 03:36:21 PM
Neverwinter Nights on the Xbox is a free to play game.

NWN spcial edition is an old game from the 90s.

They share the same name but are, in fact, totally different.

Actually, Neverwinter (without the "Nights") is the free to play MMO on Xbox and PC. The original 2002 Neverwinter Nights was recently remastered for modern platforms by Beamdog, so that is playable on Xbox One too, and supports crossplay across PC and Xbox, so the OP should be able to play with their friend on PC.

Alt8, it may be worth re-installing and following the method in this video [size=78%]http://https://youtu.be/16lLZ5egHm0[/size] It's for PS4 but I imagine the method is the same for Xbox and pc

The Doctor Alt 8

Thank you I'll let you know if it works...