Main Menu

Rogue Trooper: Tales of Nu-Earth v. 3

Started by Third Estate Ned, 30 August, 2012, 08:25:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Third Estate Ned

I can't seem to find an existing thread on this with the search function, so...

I have two questions, if anyone would be kind enough to oblige.

A third Rogue Trooper collection is being released in November but as yet information is thin on the ground. Since Chris Weston's name is visible on the cover, does that mean it will contain any of the Friday stories?

What I am searching for is a copy of War Machine whose price isn't in the double figures, but I assume that if Will Simpson isn't credited on the cover of volume three then this story isn't in it. Does anyone know?

hippynumber1

I believe it's all 'Rogue' stories rather than 'Friday'; so there's the 'Hit' arc, annual, specials, 'Cinnebar' etc... If you want 'War Machine' it was reprinted in the floppies with the Megazine but can't remember the issues off the top of my head...

Third Estate Ned

Ah, thank you. That was useful and reminded me I can look on Barney instead of blathering here. It was in Meg 292 and 293.

http://www.2000ad.org/?zone=reprint&page=gnprofiles&Comic=FRIDAY

Cheers, hippynumber1.

hippynumber1

S'okay, but please don't quote me on any of that stuff!  :lol:

credo

Going from Barney's page count, there's at least another 350 pages to take us up to The Hit: Conclusion (which, to answer your initial query, was drawn by Chris Weston), as well as fill in any missing stories from specials. The Amazon listing has 400 pages, so that sort of adds up.

hippynumber1

I think this volume will also include the 'Horst' arc, so that's a good chunk of story pages (I LOVED Ortiz's Rogue)!

Dash Decent

Perhaps the Diceman story too, given that Restricted Files 4 has the Dredd one.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

November you say? Just in time for Huffmas!! mind you 400 pages its gonna be difficult getting that down the u-fronts  :o
DDT did a job on me

Robo-K33F

This collection contains The Hit, the conclusion was illustrated by Chris Weston.

We are releasing a US War Machine collection early next year.

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: Proudhuff on 30 August, 2012, 04:15:02 PM
November you say? Just in time for Huffmas!! mind you 400 pages its gonna be difficult getting that down the u-fronts  :o

They only way I can make sense of that statement is that you intend to shoplift the item upon its release. The alternatives don't bear thinking about. (Just a hilarious joke there for you).

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 30 August, 2012, 06:49:12 PM
We are releasing a US War Machine collection early next year.

That's great, thanks for the info. I wonder if it will be cheaper to buy that or the two Meg back issues. Not sure if back issues come with the free reprints they originally came with.

james newell

If you are looking for a more affordable "War Machine" reprint and better quality then the magazine reprint, get the "Heavy Metal (volume 7, No. 1 1993) War Machine Special Issue", i have added an example of the print quality below, the top image is from heavy metal's reprint and the bottom is from the megazine's reprint of the same panel.

and here is what the issue looks like:

http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Heavy-Metal-Dave-Gibbons/dp/B001D4T4DQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

Dandontdare

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 30 August, 2012, 08:25:57 AM
I can't seem to find an existing thread on this with the search function, so...

I'd be surprised if anyone could find their own arse with the search function on here  :lol:

The Prodigal

Guys sorry to hijack and I may have asked this before but if I collect the Tales of Nu earth 1, 2 and the 3rd one to come, will I have all the best Rogue material?

CIA from a newbie.

Third Estate Ned

Quote from: jmean on 30 August, 2012, 09:48:20 PM
If you are looking for a more affordable "War Machine" reprint and better quality then the magazine reprint, get the "Heavy Metal (volume 7, No. 1 1993) War Machine Special Issue".

http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Heavy-Metal-Dave-Gibbons/dp/B001D4T4DQ/ref=pd_sim_sbs_b_2

Thanks, jmean, more helpful advice there. I'm skint so I'll have to mull this over because of restrictive P&P costs and there are so many fat Dredd trades I haven't read yet for a similar price.

Quote from: The Prodigal on 30 August, 2012, 10:39:06 PM
Guys sorry to hijack and I may have asked this before but if I collect the Tales of Nu earth 1, 2 and the 3rd one to come, will I have all the best Rogue material?

I may be wrong but if the poster Robo-K33F says Vol. 3 will include The Hit, from what I can gather in the link below, then volumes 1-3 should include all the classic pre-reboot Rogue stories. The genereal idea I've got from lurking around on here is that following the War Machine story rebooted Rogue-as-Friday stories weren't up to much, and opinions are mixed about the original Rogue's return. So, to answer your question, those volumes represent all of the original and most-loved Rogue. Someone with more reliable knowledge may wish to slap those words out of my mouth, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Trooper

The Prodigal

Quote from: Third Estate Ned on 31 August, 2012, 07:43:59 AM
Quote from: jmean on 30 August, 2012, 09:48:20 PM
If you are looking for a more affordable "War Machine" reprint and better quality then the magazine reprint, get the "Heavy Metal (volume 7, No. 1 1993) War Machine Special Issue".

Thanks, jmean, more helpful advice there. I'm skint so I'll have to mull this over because of restrictive P&P costs and there are so many fat Dredd trades I haven't read yet for a similar price.

Quote from: The Prodigal on 30 August, 2012, 10:39:06 PM

I may be wrong but if the poster Robo-K33F says Vol. 3 will include The Hit, from what I can gather in the link below, then volumes 1-3 should include all the classic pre-reboot Rogue stories. The genereal idea I've got from lurking around on here is that following the War Machine story rebooted Rogue-as-Friday stories weren't up to much, and opinions are mixed about the original Rogue's return. So, to answer your question, those volumes represent all of the original and most-loved Rogue. Someone with more reliable knowledge may wish to slap those words out of my mouth, though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Trooper

Thanks mate-really appreciate the answer.