Main Menu

Twenty Years, Creep.

Started by pauljholden, 22 December, 2020, 09:47:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pauljholden

Hey, it's coming up to twenty years of me workign for the Galaxy's Greatest Comic - from then-tharg saying he'd give me some work in November '00 to publishing in March '01 - and so I've written a blog post.

https://www.pauljholden.com/2020/12/22/twenty-years-creep/

DrRocka

Excellent work, that Droid!
Here's to many more years of top - notch art, Paul.
Thanks from a grateful Squaxx....
Never ever bloody anything ever

Dandontdare

Nice one PJ -.... and a spin-off Noam Chimpsky series is in the works? Excellent!

broodblik

Now for the next 20 years. Looking forward to both Chimpsky and Department K
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bolt-01

Ah PJ - you were the first 'Droid' I ever met in the physical world. Bristol, early 2000's just after you had drawn Rogue Trooper for Realpolitik.

So glad you are still here.

Colin YNWA

Well even if the post is self-congratulatory as you suggest in the post its only so so we can be reminded of the good things we got and jump on board to hail the marker ourselves.

20 years and we're not bored of you, your not bored of us and that is something to celebrate indeed. All we can ask is you keep it up. I can't say how excited I am that you've got the Chimpsky solo tale coming, that you have more Dredd coming, more Dept K coming and more... well let's hope there's plenty to add to that list.

Thanks for 20 years of thrilling pictures.

IndigoPrime

The only 2000 AD droid I have original art from. Here's to another 20!

maryanddavid

I still think of you as a 'new' Dredd artist! Well done!
IIRC the first time I met you was in  Dun Laoghaire, I bought a copy of The Class of 79 off you!

Mike Carroll

Nice one, PJ! You've been a Dredd creator twice as long as me -- I'll be hitting my tenth anniversary in early January!

james newell

seen your work first on Dna Swamp and Buldog (BAM), it was obvious to me you would be in 2000ad soon enough.

Well done on your 2000ad droid birthday.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Rogue Judge

Awesome! Congrats to 20 years. Must be rewarding seeing your art on the Prog covers and interiors.