Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Slaine vs. Strontium Dog Rd 5 Heat 6

Started by Colin YNWA, 03 August, 2022, 06:16:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blue Cactus

Think I'm going with Stront in the actual contest though.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 05 August, 2022, 10:10:03 AM
Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 04 August, 2022, 11:11:51 PM
outside the prog, love and rockets has gone on forever and i can't think of any lows.

Agreed. I'm voting Love and Rockets.

That's cool, as long as no one else vote 'City of the Damned'

Mind the correct answer there is Concrete!

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Sean SD

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

The scale of this victory is something to behold. I mean Slaine got more than half its votes before SD even got off the mark, but once it started racking the votes in it simply didn't stop. Saline did fine and the thread itself was an absolute delight as the cionversation flurished - and I hope that means I didn't miss any votes! In amongst all that however, even against a thrill that I thought had an outside chance of being a finalist Strontium Dog not only joined the 20+ club, curiously for the first time, but got more votes than any other thrill in any tie to date. Given the opposition that is impressive and sends a warning all other thrills about how hard it will be to topple the favourite.

Strontium Dog

Takes the bounty and heads to Round 6 for more.

JayzusB.Christ

I voted Sláine, but I'm almost relieved as it's been off the boil to one extent or another since the end of The Horned God.

The Dog deserves to do well - me, I've always been far more a fan of the gritty, close-to-home Britain-set stuff rather than the crazy space adventures, but it's a credit to the creators that it manages to swing wildly between each without breaking a sweat.

I even thought the Final Solution was brilliant and loved both Simon Harrison and Colin McNeil's art on it, and kind of wish they'd rebooted the series or something instead of resurrecting him, but that's for another thread.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"