Main Menu

Charley's War - Hardcover vs, Definitive Collections

Started by Colin YNWA, 02 June, 2019, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 September, 2019, 11:40:09 AM
Aaahhh man, wasn't aware there had been a sale or would have double dipped on these bad boys too. The comic needs no words from me to sing it's praises. It's simply a masterpiece.

It wasn't a sale it was an apology for subs for getting an issue late meant we could get 50% a basket on checkout. Used it well.

IndigoPrime

Still haven't used mine. Currently tempted with a basket of Brink and a couple of Treasury HCs. But also: the discount expires on 1 January 2021. Given that this was down to, what, us getting a couple of comics late, this still strikes me as the most wonderfully over the top apology I've had from pretty much any company, ever. (By comparison: our last – and I likely mean that in every sense of the word – meal in GBK was more or less inedible. We received vouchers to the cost of about 80% of the meal, which then ran out two months later.)

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 September, 2019, 01:09:18 PM
Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 September, 2019, 11:40:09 AM
Aaahhh man, wasn't aware there had been a sale or would have double dipped on these bad boys too. The comic needs no words from me to sing it's praises. It's simply a masterpiece.

It wasn't a sale it was an apology for subs for getting an issue late meant we could get 50% a basket on checkout. Used it well.
Probably doesn't include digital subs (man I need to catch up!)....

Dandontdare

Just used mine to buy vols 1-3 (plus a whole bunch of other stuff ... my wallet hurts!)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 07 September, 2019, 01:20:27 PMProbably doesn't include digital subs (man I need to catch up!)....
Yeah, it was a print-only thing, because one issue showed up a week late, and some people never got their copy until they nudged. A rarity from the House of Tharg. I would have expected a quick "sorry about that – we've since fed the relevant parties to Mek-Quake". 50% off of almost anything on the store, including a massive cart, if you're so inclined, is above and beyond.