Main Menu

Ragtime Soldier - new WWI comic from Pat Mills

Started by Dandontdare, 06 August, 2019, 05:35:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Come to think of it, I recall Colin MacNeil was working on an epic painted WW1 strip about a relative's experiences - is this the same project?

I sat next to Chris Murray (Professor of Comics at Dundee University[I shit you not]) at the Search/Destroy premiere - lovely chap (despite the 'trademark' Hawaiian shirts), but instead of quizzing him about all the exciting things that they're doing up there, I think I just bitched about how they didn't offer any of that while I was a student there, and how we all hated the Duncan of Jordanstone Art College students, who'd come to our union bar and impress all our women with their bohemian wiles.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dandontdare on 06 August, 2019, 09:12:43 PM
I sat next to Chris Murray (Professor of Comics at Dundee University[I shit you not]) at the Search/Destroy premiere - lovely chap (despite the 'trademark' Hawaiian shirts), but instead of quizzing him about all the exciting things that they're doing up there, I think I just bitched about how they didn't offer any of that while I was a student there, and how we all hated the Duncan of Jordanstone Art College students, who'd come to our union bar and impress all our women with their bohemian wiles.

Ha! I remember the lad, we had a long talk about Battle Comics back before Rebelion  bought out the library, and how much I longed for El Meztizo to get reprinted.

Seems so long ago now but it was only, like, three?

sheridan

how we all hated the Duncan of Jordanstone Art College students, who'd come to our union bar and impress all our women with their bohemian wiles.

Must get my eyes tested - I read that last word slightly differently...

Proudhuff

Come to think of it, I recall Colin MacNeil was working on an epic painted WW1 strip about a relative's experiences - is this the same project?

That's not how you spell willies
DDT did a job on me