Main Menu

Meg 359 rookie move

Started by moly, 11 April, 2015, 11:46:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

As a long term Meg subscriber and also a subscriber to the mega Collection I found the 8 pages of Holocaust 12 really annoying.

I don't normally complain about things like this but I just wondered whether anyone knows why this was included and if it is going to be a regular thing? It wasn't an advert and it wasn't a story, it felt more like a gap had been plugged with anything to make up the page count. Whether that was the case or not, that is how it felt.
It's a joke. I was joking.

ZenArcade

That evidently is the reason. It does seem a pity as was posted earlier that 7-8pages couldn't be used as a new writer/artist showcase. However I must point out I know very little of the editorial/financing setup of the Megazine and that over my 2 years reintroduction to it, I have found at least 2 good strips per month. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Hawkmumbler

FECKIN' OSTRICHES AGAIN!!!!????

I was so certain it finished last month for fucks sake!

ZenArcade

Is reaper not over yet??? FFS!!! Z

Ghost MacRoth

No, it's over. 

However Reaper Files has taken it's place. 

:(
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

ZenArcade

Ghost MacRoth

It does.  Wasn't so bad when it was other artists doing the Reaper Files at least....but now we are back to the Jackie photo-strip format.  Balls of the donkey doth it sook.
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

sheridan

Quote from: Geoff on 11 April, 2015, 03:45:14 PM
Anderson, mmn rather lukewarm about this - and I love an Anderson story normally - the one Michael Dowling illustrated recently was superb.  In the current story - given the obvious danger - why wouldn't she simply ask for back-up? It's not like she's got anything to prove, and it's a reckless way of testing the cadet if that's her intention. It's got potential though..
Not having a copy of this Meg yet, but cadets do tend to be put in dangerous situations during their assessments...

Richard

I love the gruesome face-change surgery picture in The Cop!

Prodigal2

Reading this thread it seems Reaper in some guise is embedded semi-permanently in the meg. Some of the other reports as to content have me considering whether to go prog only.

Sorry for moan. People like me tend to annoy me.

Skullmo

Reaper finishes for good in one episode. It says so in the Editorial bit.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Fenscape

The Meg is currently hurtling towards the floor again folks - I've just paid top dollar for 9 whole pages of poorly reproduced reprint of Holocaust 12 (including a Bishop-esque banner) that doesn't even stand up on it's own in this sort of context. Ed says that he wants to concentrate on the Tooth archive and then fobs us all off onto a 3rd party part-work by publishing a part reprint of a bloody reprint that looks as if it's been through the wash via a dirty protest. On top of that there's a patronising page compelling people to vote in the general election in case they are too stupid to understand what the whole process is about.... wtf is that all about then?

Pull your finger out Mr Smith as I'm not impressed - this is a lazy stunt for £5.70 of anyone's money. Let's get back to basics and remember that a decent Meg is possible within the usual constraints as long as you can find decent writers instead of some of the lazy bollocks that seems to have become entrenched of late. (Hell, if you're stuck for page count then dump the little comic and reintegrate the reprint into the main body again as much of it is shite that you know you can't even sell off to the 3rd party mugs because it's so weak!)

And please, no more fucking Ostriches - shift Mills and Langley over to the weekly as it just doesn't work with one episode every month. I want Dredd, lots of Dredd kicking the shit out of things being the nasty bastard he is - how hard is it to actually do that in the wake of Chaos, Dark Justice, Enceladus etc when you have so much material to work on?

I'm not happy.

The Monarch

If this 8 pages of reprint is gonna be a regular thing then i am done with the meg i thought the whole point of the floppies was to stop this kind of thing

I buy the mega collection....I don't want to pay nearly six quid for a preview of something i am already buying

Judge Brian

Were there 40 pages of new strips? Then why complain? I'd rather read a reprint than a text piece about some Marvel UK revival or some such.

The Monarch

Because out of 40 pages of strip i only enjoyed barely half of it thats not worth six quid

I can only afford to get so much a month now and two mega collections is really eating into what i can afford. The meg is not worth the money at the moment