Main Menu

Dredd (2012)

Started by Goaty, 06 September, 2011, 11:51:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

Quote from: NSFTM on 11 February, 2012, 12:02:30 PM
Quote from: Steve Green on 11 February, 2012, 01:19:23 AM
More interested in what's going on behind the scenes with this - whether it's being deliberately leaked by someone over the violence thing...

Considering 1 still and 1 bit of footage have both included headshots, it seems a bit like someone's trying to prove a point.

what violence thing? is this referencing back to the 'my mate down the pub spoke to a magical dog who can travel through time that said that he's next door neighbours dog spoke to his owner whose mate read on a message board that someone wasn't happy with the violence thing'..actually thats not a bad idea for the 2000ad kids comic thread.. Time Traveling Toto and the Future Forum

anyway the source for the animated 'clip' i kinda thought it would have come from the 'making of' documentary.. as they are sometimes produced by outside companies and the security would not be as stringent

Partially, but more snippets picked up from elsewhere and it just seeming a bit 'odd'.

Leaking footage from a 'making of' seems unlikely, without tacit approval from LG or DNA.

And why to some spanish celeb fan-site?

dracula1

Time to get Mulder and Scully in ...a conspiracy theory is emerging!!!!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Judge Dredd is a violent anti hero like Max in the Mad Max series of Films.

As I recall the DR3DD film was pitched as a jet black 18 certificate Movie about a future dystopia were only extreme Law enforcement methods can keep society in some sort of order. That means Adult themes and situations.

Now some rumours are circulating about it being too violent, too dark. Perhaps their thinking that they like what they've got but with a few adjustments they can pitch it too the 15+ crowd whose numbers are probably larger than the 18+ certificate the Film was originally made for. They make more money that way.

"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

JOE SOAP

Quote from: IAMTHESYSTEM on 11 February, 2012, 01:39:34 PM
Judge Dredd is a violent anti hero like Max in the Mad Max series of Films.

You mean Max is a violent anti-hero like Judge Dredd.

mogzilla

Quote from: Molch-R on 10 February, 2012, 12:41:42 PM
It's only really a spoiler if you've read the script. So surely drawing attention to the fact it's a spoiler merely increases the spoiling? I haven't read the script, so didn't know.
what he said...

SpetsnaZ99

Quote from: bigjobs67 on 11 February, 2012, 01:01:55 PM
He blew his f##kin 'ed off man! BOOM!!! Just like that. No warnin. Nothin. Just BAM!!

yeah, but, he was only supposed to blow the f##kin doors off
You ever notice that everyone who believes in creationism looks really unevolved? Eyes real close together, big furry hands and feet. "I believe God created me in one day." Yeah, looks like he rushed it.

Goaty

Maybe it was Stunning mode?

I'll get my coat.

Gonk

Quote from: Goaty on 11 February, 2012, 03:13:29 PM
Maybe it was Stunning mode?

He could have hit him with the butt for that. Definitely a case of cold blooded murder for kicks.
coming at a cinema near you soon

bigjobs67

Hope we get a bit of that, not so distant future Detroit City, Look and vibe for our new Mega City One. From that small clip and what we've been told about the graphic nature of the violence I'm hopin for a massive nod towards Verhoeven. 'Can you Fly Bobby'. Still great! Lol. 
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

radiator

There's a scene early in the leaked script that I interpreted as a direct homage to the first Robocop movie - [spoiler]Dredd shoots through an innocent bystander in order to kill a perp who is escaping into a crowd, then dispassionately informs the terrified victim that he aimed so as to miss any of their vital organs and an ambulance is on it's way.[/spoiler]

bigjobs67

Madame, you have suffered an emotional shock. I will notify a rape crisis center. Lol.
'Overwhelming, I'm I not!

JOE SOAP

No point for spoiler tabs now.

Goaty

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 11 February, 2012, 04:37:26 PM
No point for spoiler tabs now.

Yes cos some like me never read the script!

Darren Stephens

Quote from: Goaty on 11 February, 2012, 04:52:37 PM

Me neither. I would rather avoid them, if possible thanks.  ;)
https://www.dscomiccolours.com
                                       CLICK^^

Beeks

Quote from: Darren Stephens on 11 February, 2012, 05:27:06 PM
Quote from: Goaty on 11 February, 2012, 04:52:37 PM

Me neither. I would rather avoid them, if possible thanks.  ;)

Make that three of us..I started reading the beginning and then thought 'What Am I Doing!'
"We keep on being told that religion, whatever its imperfections, at least instills morality. On every side, there is conclusive evidence that the contrary is the case and that faith causes people to be more mean, more selfish, and perhaps above all, more stupid." ― Christopher Hitchens