Previous topic - Next topic

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: SuperSurfer on 20 June, 2012, 09:44:02 PM
Bigger than the bloody helmet!

It would need to be, otherwise it wouldn't fit
You may quote me on that.

Goaty

ABCwarBOT

C'mon Klute.  Let's find out where the satire is in Stallones flicky wick.   I wanna know!

Frank

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 June, 2012, 10:41:55 PM
C'mon Klute.  Let's find out where the satire is in Stallones flicky wick. I wanna know!

Entertaining stuff.

JOE SOAP

C'mon Klute.  Let's find out where the satire is in Stallones flicky wick.   I wanna know!

Inside the Cod-piece with ABCwarBOT

ABCwarBOT

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 20 June, 2012, 11:10:58 PM

Inside the Cod-piece with ABCwarBOT

That's not a place I'd like to be........or even think about!

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: bikini kill on 20 June, 2012, 11:01:50 PM
C'mon Klute. Let's find out where the satire is in Stallones flicky wick. I wanna know!

'Flicky Wick'...hmm...ABCwarBOT - Were you ever married to Katy Perry by any chance? :)...For What it's worth I don't recall satire in 95.. the joke was on us.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Syne

darnmarr

I reckon there are elements of satire in the Stallone film: how ever seriously ourselves,or more importantly, our younger selves, took him as a character,- he really was that whole American 'dirty harry' thang taken to an absurd conclusion, from the outset.
Some elements of that did creep in to the film, and without an entirely self-conscious or unselfish-conscious tone to the whole story, those bits came across as just plain stoopid.

I reckon all that Klute is calling for here is less stoopid bits.

Syne

Quote from: darnmarr on 21 June, 2012, 01:58:09 AM
I reckon there are elements of satire in the Stallone film: how ever seriously ourselves,or more importantly, our younger selves, took him as a character,- he really was that whole American 'dirty harry' thang taken to an absurd conclusion, from the outset.
Some elements of that did creep in to the film, and without an entirely self-conscious or unselfish-conscious tone to the whole story, those bits came across as just plain stoopid.

I reckon all that Klute is calling for here is less stoopid bits.

There's the "eat recycled food" advertising thing in the opening scenes, an attempt at satire that comes off as a inferior Robocop-type gag. There might be more such moments throughout the film, but I'm not sure I can be bothered to find out :D

minus

Don't be surprised when that codpiece resurfaces as Blackblood's face when Lionsgate get the go ahead to make ABC Warriors.

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: minus on 21 June, 2012, 08:11:31 AM
Don't be surprised when that codpiece resurfaces as Blackblood's face when Lionsgate get the go ahead to make ABC Warriors.
Good observation!

darnmarr

Quote from: BOODA on 21 June, 2012, 09:16:11 AM
Quote from: minus on 21 June, 2012, 08:11:31 AM
Good observation!
Good observation indeed, but...urgh! What an image! pass me the mind-bleach nurse!

Bubba Zebill

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: ABCwarBOT on 20 June, 2012, 07:32:34 PMWhere's this satire in the Stallone film then?    Please refresh me as I haven't seen it for a long time and I can't really remember there being any.

There's satire, I mean how about the satire on law enforcement? Satire on ridiculous unjust laws? Whether you think it was well done or not is another thing, but the satire is certainly in the movie. A lot of Dredd's harshness to Rob Schneider's "Fergee" character is comedy satire very much right out of the books.