Main Menu

Bedroom art

Started by Gavin_Leahy_Block, 23 August, 2009, 03:34:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Fallowing on from the Favourite moment... thread where I showed the Glen Farby Sláine I have painted on my wall I decided to show my other walls and sealing all 2000ad related.

Bad Company

Shimura

Dredd

I believe this was taken from a Mean Machine Angel story.

My cousin did a similar thing by painting  images from the album goo on his wall.

mygrimmbrother

You painted these yourself??? WOW!

Gavin_Leahy_Block

No I cheated. I photocopied the image onto acetate, then using a projector I placed the image on the wall and drew around it. Then it was as easy as a paint by numbers. Some of the images did have to be slightly altered as though assome of them as they contained speech bubbles or they just didn't fit right.

WoD

Very nice.  Could you take a picture from further away and get something in to give a better feel for the scale of one of these?

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Thanks WoD . Cant really get further away to help with the scale as it's a very small and very cluttered bedroom.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy on 23 August, 2009, 06:00:25 PM
Thanks WoD . Cant really get further away to help with the scale as it's a very small and very cluttered bedroom.

Really, you had me fooled. The walls of your room must be bare, despite the size and clutter, as you say

.My room is about four to five metres by three and half across and nearly three metres high. One wall is dominated by a window, my makeshift bed which doubles as a chair for my computer, some buffet draws stacked on top of one another in one corner, boxes filled with books n comics. Against the wall opposing that one is a large bookcase on a with boxes and alot of clutter on a table, a wooden cabinet, and my door. The other wall is dominated by wardrobe with stuff on top of it and another bookcase on a smaller table. Above it is some wall shelving. There's just enough room on this side to open the door to my room. On the opposite wall, are the same buffet draws in one corner mentioned earlier. My computer table with computer tower stored underneath, keyboard on the sliding table and moniter on top. With some speakers arranged on the desk around itr with just alittle bit of clutter.A sketch pand , art book and pencil rubber sitting in front of the moniter. There's another desk next to this one with a regular televsion.sititng on it and more clutter.meeting up with the cluttered desk and large bookcase I mentioned earlier. The middle of my room is dominated by my makeshift bed, which are eight cubed shaped cushions supported by wooden frames. Three by two across, with some of them stacked on one another up against half of my wardobe and underneath my window. The remaining two of them stacked against the wooden cabinet mentioned earlier. They can be moved anywhere easily,but are abit uncomfortable to sleep on. On the cubes I don't sleep on are alot of 2000AD Progs stacked not quite so neatly as I would like them to be with some other piles of comcis that I like. I also have graphic novels -- ones that aren't shelveed --and more comics, magzine s piled haphazardly around me. Some sitting on cardboard boxes,  or plastic boxes amongst more clutter and other sutff I got in more plastic boxes sitting against the table with the large bookcase I mentioned earlier. Amongst all this is a Playstaion Two sitting on a clothsbin against the desk with the televsion and the cluttered table with the large bookcase thats is never used. The clothsbin is never used that is,  not the Playstation Two.Which has seen alot fo use.

Above my computer and the televsion set. I have alot of my artwork blue-tacked to the wall. When I say artwork, I use the term only loosely. There's are two pictures., drawn in crayon of some plant life taken from the gardens of one of the old schools I used to attend.The one of the right which fills the whole sketch pad page I crayoned it on with colour. One of the plants does loook suspicously like cannibus, but it's actulley a small rubber tree plant. The leaves and arrangemnt of them very similer.There are alot of ferns. These pictures look rather simple, like that of child not exceptionally talented in art, but showing competance.Under them leaning agiinst the wall on the same desk with my television are two air-brush paintings and a KIZZ Destroyer album in it's cardbaord sleeve. The cover artwork is appreciated. The airbrush paintings are on wooden boards, one of a human face over a horizon with some geometric shapes floating underneath, Abstract and minamal it is. Most of it brushed by my instructer when I was being tutored on this and the other which is a full colour brushing of that very same barbarian swordsman standing against a poorly shaded landscape of a mountain range. Also drawn by my the air-brush tutor  A copy of the earlier sketch I did of a Barbarian swordsman sketched in pencil by myself. on a large art block page.. It's blue-tacked higher on the wall, half hidden by the large bookcase and some boxes staked up on the side of my desk.I mentioned this earlier on your other thread -- Concerning the Slaine wall art--

BTW does anybhody know Barry Patton, he's was the fellow teaching or trying to teach me to Air-brush. Something I wasn't so wrapped up in at the time.Which is shame. I'm not even sure if I still own the equipment ---Air-guns and motor-- or if my father has sold it.. I was pretty good doing three dimensional spheres. Anyway this fellow is from England, but lives in Australia. Well he was when he was teaching me the basics of this art from. He was pretty darnn good are doing this.I think he gets commissoned to do panel-vans and design posters for advertising and stuff like that. I figured he would be well known by your crowd back in the seventies and eighties.He;'s got photo albums filled with work he's done back in the UK. It's a pity my art course was short lived and I don't think we got on that well. Though I did learn the basics. A level of competance that would sustain my interest only as a hobby. 

In conclusion, the rest of that wall has a cloth map taken from the "Everquest: Ruins of Kurnark" MORPG. I used to play that alot. Underneath that is the Tom Frame memorial picture taken from a 2000AD prog. A small picture of my mother on one side of it and a wall clock on the other side. A framed photo of  either a bobcat, cougar or female lion clambering along the branch of a tree is hanging up just to the right of the cloth map..The picture is a good source for making feline creatures in SPORE Underneath it is a sketch I have drawn of a Wedge tail Eagle.in Pencil and shaded in, but rather carelessly. The clawed feet look like they were rushed. The head is  particually well done. I must have done that one just over twenty years ago.

Trout

Bloody hell, TS. You should get a proper bed.

- Trout

COMMANDO FORCES

I agree with you Trout. In years to come we will all know where his bad back came from ;)

House of Usher

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 August, 2009, 09:11:48 AM
My room is about four to five metres by three and half across and nearly three metres high. One wall is dominated by a window, my makeshift bed which doubles as a chair for my computer, some buffet draws stacked on top of one another in one corner, boxes filled with books n comics.

A nice description. It made me think of Edgar Allen Poe's Philosophy of Furniture. I hope I get stuff this good from my English language GCSE students this year! In fact, you've given me inspiration for a lesson for this autumn. Cheers for that.
;D

I agree about the bed. Get it sorted out, soon. I was away from home visiting last week and I lost two nights' sleep on my in-laws' fold-out foam mattress guest bed. I can never sleep on that. The best night's sleep I got in five days was on an airbed in a tent in the back garden.

Oops! There's another one. Note to self: get them to write an easy on sleep.
STRIKE !!!

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: House of Usher on 29 August, 2009, 01:49:17 PM
Note to self: get them to write an easy on sleep.

"...and it was all a dream!"

Gunshot.

HoU in student shooting scandal.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Dandontdare

Beds and shoes.

You spend all your life in one or the other, so they are the two items you should never skimp on. Buy the best you can afford, it's worth it.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Quote from: King Trout on 29 August, 2009, 12:41:59 PM
Bloody hell, TS. You should get a proper bed.

- Trout

Agreed

After your detailed description of your room, mine doesn't seem so cluttered anymore.
But get a proper bed TS. 

Trout

Yeah, mate. Look at the concern here. Look after yourself a bit better, okay?

Peter Wolf

There doesnt sound like there is any room for a bed in there.

I bet he doesnt eat properly either.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Paul faplad Finch

Leave the lad alone, I haven't slept in a bed in years.  As a child, I slept on my bedroom floor (I had a bed, chose not to use it), since when I've slept on inflatable camping mattress jobbies and couches. Put me in a bed and all you have 8 hours later is an extremely tired , uncomfortable and grouchy person. Don't ask me why, and everyone who knows tells me I'm abnormal but the fact is I've never met a bed I can get comfortable in. And my backs fine (it's the rest of me thats knackered)
It doesn't mean that round my way
Pessimism is Realism - Optimism is Insanity
The Impossible Quest
Musings Of A Nobody
Stuff I've Read