Main Menu

D.I.C.E: Dublin International Comic Expo

Started by Gavin_Leahy_Block, 29 August, 2012, 04:19:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Don't think this has been mentioned on here yet.

D.I.C.E. The first Dublin International Comic Expo will happen at Dundrum Town Centre on the weekend of September 29th and 30th. Guests include Andy Diggle, PJ Holden, Will Sliney, Brendan McCarthy, Declan Shalvey, John McCrea and Si Spurrier.

http://thebigbang.ie/

Richmond Clements

No Mike Carroll??

Might manage a day trip to this...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I know, I was shocked too.

I'll probably make it up for the Saturday, very unlikely I'll do the two days.

Proudhuff

ach, that weekend is already booked elsewhere, maybe next year...
DDT did a job on me

maryanddavid

The fact that this is in the Dundrum town centre has made my chance of going to at least one day of this a lot more likely! 
Pencil me in!

Link Prime

Defo goin to this- its been arranged by all-round-decent-comic-book-guy John, the owner of Big Bang Comics in Dundrum, and I wouldnt be surprised at all if there are some further additions to the line-up.
Plus...its a chance to get rid of the missus for a few hours while she goes shopping, and catch dinner in the excellent Porterhouse Iberia.
It'll be like an episode of 'Parker Lewis Cant Lose'...

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I was in Dundrum today so I decided to pop into The Big Bang and a very nice shop it is too. Had a quick chat with the owner about DICE and by the sounds of it, it'll be quite impressive. Starting to look forward to this now.

Mike Carroll

I'll be doing my best to make it along to the event myself - it sounds like it could be good fun!

-- MIke

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Rob Williams has said that he will be there too.

Tickets are also now available: http://thebigbang.ie/?p=188

Link Prime

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 11 September, 2012, 10:59:56 PM
Rob Williams has said that he will be there too.

Tickets are also now available: http://thebigbang.ie/?p=188

Cheers Gavin, just purchased two tics.
Really lookin forward to this.

TordelBack

Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 31 August, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
I was in Dundrum today so I decided to pop into The Big Bang and a very nice shop it is too.

Agreed.  Although it's still hard to believe that there's actually a non-Sushi-serving shop in the Dundrum centre that I could be arsed going to. 

(Although at the exact opposite end of that hellish gauntlet Hughes & Hughes bookshop has an outstanding bargain section and a really comfy free-wifi cafe). 

Link Prime

Quote from: TordelBack on 12 September, 2012, 07:36:03 AM
Quote from: Gavin_Leahy_Block on 31 August, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
I was in Dundrum today so I decided to pop into The Big Bang and a very nice shop it is too.

Agreed.  Although it's still hard to believe that there's actually a non-Sushi-serving shop in the Dundrum centre that I could be arsed going to. 

(

Have you eaten in Porterhouse Iberia Tordel? Way better than Yo!
Also...Winters Bar isnt the best for a quiet pint- go accross the road (the old village) to Ryans (aka my favorite Spider-hole).

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Got my ticket today so it looks like I'll be there on the Saturday. Hopefully I'll see a few of ye there. 

Gavin_Leahy_Block

Another reminder about this as it's on this weekend.

Link Prime

I haven't really been to many cons before, so you betcha I'm lookin forward to this.
Mrs. Prime has declined to join me on either day, so I'm bringing along my 'occasional geek' brother in law.
Money...will...be spent!