Main Menu

Questions for Pye Parr? Another podcast content request :)

Started by bluemeanie, 08 March, 2013, 08:28:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Off the back of doing the podcast with Keith Richardson this afternoon I'm sorting one with Pye Parr next.
Pye of course being the 2000AD design guy who puts together the ads and covers and actually does the artwork for a lot of the Megazine "graphic novels" etc etc
He also had his first sequential work in the prog last week and has designed t-shirts/posters and stuff

Will sort a date to do this in the next few weeks so, as always, please leave questions on this thread and I'll get through as many as I can

Colin YNWA

Oh I have one. of late there's been a few covers that have had the art ride rough shoot over the logo, so whats that all about then? Or is it just coincidence (most likely but its struck me is all)

Richmond Clements

Do you think it was it easier or harder for you to get a Future Shock gig in the comic than it is for an artist who doesn't work for 2k? Do you think that maybe you had to work a little bit harder to prove you were up the man for the job?

Frank

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 March, 2013, 09:55:26 PM
a little bit harder to prove you were up the man for the job?

What are you implying, Dr Freud?

Richmond Clements

stacey

Can ask him if he can sort me out with a really simple version of the logo that I can graph out into a knitting pattern, :-)

I've loved all the covers he's done recently especially the Disaster and Halo Jones ones ooh and the Death Planet one. Is it a fav part of his job? If not then what is?

The art was brilliant on Intestinauts, are we going to see more strip work from him?

hippynumber1

How did he feel about his Chaos Day design not being used and THEN appearing as a limited edition T-shirt?!

Llowellen

I would like to know when Tharg will begin offering poster prints of his covers as limited run options in the store? Maybe even a line of classic covers..?