Main Menu

Any questions for PJ Holden?

Started by bluemeanie, 18 August, 2013, 12:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

Bit late notice but Mr PJ Holden is on to do another podcast this coming Monday night.

As always, if anyone has any questions please post them here and we'll get them asked

CrazyFoxMachine

Just a bit of a general sort of non-question  -

How's his experience been with Dept of Monstrology so far - ? Producing it, getting it promoted and that sort of thing - I know it's early days but I've heard a lot of folk buzzing about the title and I hope it does good - does he feel optimistic about it?

For those reading - this:

DrJomster

His style has evolved over time. Can he think of any key moments or pieces of work that have driven these changes?

Where do the key pieces of feedback to his work tend to come from and how often are they precise enough to be useful?

How does the Sunnyside Comics podcast maintain its bonkers levels of energy over so many episodes? :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Jimmy Baker's Assistant

What was your best job in comics and what was your worst?

Steve Green

A few comic artists expand into concept art and storyboarding for film/tv/games.

Is that an area he's interested in?

Simon Beigh

What is the artistic process you follow to create a page? Do you start with pencils and use inks or are you totally digital in the main?

Mardroid

I really liked the first series of Dead Signal, and I thought it had a lot of potential for at least one more series. If the powers that be and the writer Al Ewing were up for doing another would you be happy to draw it?

Also any thoughts on your work on the strip would be welcome. The two very different art styles for the two different realities worked well.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steve Green on 18 August, 2013, 10:46:41 AM
A few comic artists expand into concept art and storyboarding for film/tv/games.

Is that an area he's interested in?

Going on from this really.

Do you have a conscious career plan, or do you just have to run with opportunities as they arise? Often the career of an artist can seem passive (from the outside), but do you think you can take a more proactive career path?

Do you see more creator owned work ahead for example?

james newell

What drawing gig would he like to do the most, dream drawing gig here, sky's the limit.

Was DNA Swamp his first pro comic gig, how did that come about?

thanks

james

Jim_Campbell

How much of Live Bait #3 is left to draw, and when does he think he'll have it finished?

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Bat King

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 18 August, 2013, 07:52:44 PM
How much of Live Bait #3 is left to draw, and when does he think he'll have it finished?

Cheers

Jim

Asks the Letterer to the Stars! (and PJ) I am most genuinely LOL-ing
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

bluemeanie

Quick bump

think Luke is doing this at about 10ish

Zarjazzer

Any more bits from PREVIOUSLY that he might manage to release? I still like Broken Claw! (hint hint) :thumbsup:
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.

IAMTHESYSTEM

When's the Movie coming out and is there more Horror on the way from the mighty pen of PJ Holden -or something else?
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

bluemeanie

Really enjoyed the first issue of Monsterology.
Did PJ get to collaborate during the early stages and suggest types of creatures and characters that are going to appear or was it pitched to him as a completed script?

I've heard Gordon Rennie can be found at most comic conventions carrying a "Free Hugs" sign. Can PJ confirm this?

I've asked this question before but it's my fave to Dredd artists.... If you were given the "Dredd takes off his helmet" script to draw would you have to think about how he looks or do you already have an idea in your head having drawn him so many times?