Main Menu

Which series didn't end properly (if at all) for you?

Started by paulvonscott, 18 December, 2001, 07:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McNulty

Right, here we go...
When Sam was ressurected for his abyissmal revamped run without the mighty Gibson as artist, I was prepared to give it the benefit of the doubt. Where it lost it for me was the Return to Verdus story. It effectively betrayed the spirit of the original Robohunter story, (I cannot  read the original now without it reminding me of what was done later). I mean, what were they playing at! Cutey in the original, a useful friend who sacrifices herself to save Sam, now a homicidal killing machine. The realy important comedy aspect of the original story is gone in a "Deerhunter" game of Russian Roulette with some of the original characers. Even Kidd is dealt with, effectively exploded out of the story. The Robohunter stories which came after this were slightly better, they tried to recapture some of the originals charm and comedy (but mostly failed). As for Ace - I really enjoyed this series but could it be brought back and still give the readers the same enjoyment. I cannot see it back without Belardinelli as the artist, what's he doing at the moment? But it can be done - the recent re-emergence of ABC Warriors had a lot of the spirit of the original!

O Lucky Stevie!

Yeah, Anderson was originally meant to be a wise cracking character (although not quite in the Dredd movie Fergie league, thank god!).

Alan seemed to forget that when he wrote Anderson.

Psi judges are meant to be more flippant. It is the by product of being psychic.

scojo who is getting desperate!

There is a hidden message in that last line if anyone is interested:O)

then perhaps you should stop staring at those drawings of anderson, log off the net & get out of the house, scojo.  & maybe you'd even meet a real live girl, & if you're lucky & treat her nice enough, then maybe you can be special friends;)

steven lenfant terrible

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Jim_Campbell

> I cannot see it back without Belardinelli as
> the artist, what's he doing at the moment?

This question came up on a.c.2000ad a while back. Sadly, better informed people than I announced that he retired many years ago and had since died.

If true, then that's the sad loss of a genuine talent, although he _was_ pretty ancient.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Wood

Is that what happened to Ron Smith, too?

GordonR

I believe Ron Smith retired a couple of years ago.  He was still drawing the Daily Star Dredds right up until they finished.

McNulty

That's a blow if it is true. You would have thought there would have been a tribute in 2000ad if it had happened.

Thread Zero

I agree McNulty and letterer Steve Potter too!

He was one of the great letterers and yet he has disappeared!

scojo