Main Menu

GARTH ENNIS PLANES and BOYS

Started by Tiplodocus, 02 October, 2008, 10:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dandontdare

Done and dusted. :D Cheers for the tip Tweak.

Also begun my JD casefile collection with vol1- never considered these really, cos I have all the progs, but they're piled up in a loft miles away, so not a lot of use! If I get one or two a month (and maybe a few at Crimble), shouldn't take me long to build up a formidable Dredd-library

I, Cosh

Quote from: "Art"A little on the end of The Punisher, pretty much my fave recent Ennis thing, maybe even replacing Hitman in my heart.
I'm slowly working my way through the hardback Punisher Max collections and enjoying it quite a bit more than The Boys because of the more serious edge to it. It can be a bit jarring though. I've just finished the 3rd one which contains The Slavers, one of the grimmest things I've ever read (not meant as a criticism), immediately followed by Barracuda which is one of those really tedious "I've dreamed up what I belive is a really, really nasty character and can't think of anything better to do with him" stories.

Got Welcome Back Frank recently too. The bit with the polar bear is genius.
We never really die.

Richmond Clements

TheEdge

Quote from: "His Lordship rac"
QuoteGot Welcome Back Frank recently too.

Alright for some!

http://www.play.com/Books/Books/4-/6520 ... chsource=0

only $5 a shot at amazon .com
"Save Trees, Eat Beavers"
"Animal Rights: Animals have the right to be tasty"

Proudhuff

Just finished the 1st issue of Battlefields: Night Witches. Great stuff, this is the reprint stuff that could finally fill the pages of the Meg. Young Soviet air wimmin against the Thousand Year Reich! heart wrenching really, the loss of young lifes.

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

oh and this...

which is a kinda Sopranos/Wire type tale...
DDT did a job on me

Goaty

that final image, don't you means [spoiler]The G-Men??? lol[/spoiler]

I, Cosh

Wish I'd held off on that Welcome Back Frank book now as it would've helped justify splashing out on this come Christmas time...

//http://www.amazon.co.uk/Punisher-Garth-Ennis-Omnibus-HC/dp/0785133836/ref=sr_1_33?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1226440342&sr=8-33
We never really die.

Dandontdare

Quote from: "dandontdare"
Quote from: "Tweak72"Its out now and I have a copy.

'scuse me, I have an urgent appointment with Amazon.....  :)

That was over 5 weeks ago and my Boys Vol.3 still ain't arrived. Amazon just keep putting the ETA back - currently at 3rd Dec. Anyone else have trouble getting hold of this?

Goaty

try www.play.com as many graphic novels got 25% off on it, and it free post!

Tiplodocus

Oh blimey!

That nice Proudhuff has only gone and sent me Nightwitches and Back to Brooklyn.

Both of which were very good.

So a very public thank you.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Dandontdare

Woohoo! My Boys vol 3 FINALLY arrived yesterday - good stuff! I did like Ennis' take on comic fans:

One odd thing though - this volume is published by Dynamite Entertainment, rather than Titan Books, with a glossy, less robust binding (flattening it for that scan won't have done it any good!). Annoyingly, the yellow logo ruins that spine-cosnsistency that us fanboys love to see on our shelves (like my Sandman collection - 10 perfectly matched volumes with one that is taller and wider than almost every other GN on my shelves. Petty I know, but... :angry: ). Anyone know if Dynamite has bought out Titan, or what the reason for this is?

gurnard

Dynamite are the publishers of The Boys, I know DC/Wildstorm had it up to issue 7 when they wiped their hands of it, but I thought Dynamite did all the GNs.

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/ht ... s_TPB.html

Dandontdare

Quote from: "gurnard"Dynamite are the publishers of The Boys, I know DC/Wildstorm had it up to issue 7 when they wiped their hands of it, but I thought Dynamite did all the GNs.

http://www.dynamiteentertainment.com/ht ... s_TPB.html

vol 1 (1-6) and vol 2 (7-14) were both collected by Titan Books, with a lovely matt-black cover and spine, but weirdly both contain adverts for the ongoing comic by Dynamite, and for Preacher and other Darick Roberston titles by Vertigo/DC!

I also notice that Dynamite are now offering a bumper 'definitive' volume that covers 1-14. Frankly, I don't really care which company owns, or has deals with, which, I just don't like the bright yellow dynamite logo on the top of the spine!

I know, I know, get a life..... :D

Proudhuff

Seconds of NightWitches in store now! :D
DDT did a job on me