Main Menu

Legal benifits advice

Started by The Doctor Alt 8, 28 June, 2012, 04:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doctor Alt 8

Can anybody help me & a friend of mine with advice? He is disabled with an untreatable back problem... because of the current clampdown on "scrongers" (Most of whom arn't He'd dearly love to work but CAN'T even if someone were to try & employ him) Now his benifits are at risk (Both his disabled living allowance & his housing benifit) My question is, whould his position be strengthened if he "Bit the bullet" and married someone...?

Banners

I think you're best asking CAB rather than any of us.

Professor Bear

Get legal advice relevant to your region from your local CAB, as the current government "review process" likes to remove or withhold benefits that individuals are fully entitled to and then reinstate them later as a matter of routine.  Keeps them busy, I guess.

Dandontdare

I can't see how the one thing relates to the other - I'd agree get some proper advice. One bit of advice though is to appeal if he loses his DLA. These new WCA tests are cutting loads of disabled people off, but they're so crap that something like 40% of appeals succeed.

Emperor

As has been said, keep appealing and get advice from the CAB.

Although:

Quote from: The Doctor Alt 8 on 28 June, 2012, 04:51:13 PMMy question is, whould his position be strengthened if he "Bit the bullet" and married someone...?

Isn't this the second wild plan I've heard from you that involves marrying him. All emotional angles aside, you should be very careful about such marriages of convenience as you both could end up in some deep doodie. To pull it off* you'd need to be able to lie well and keep it up for a long time** but even then you'd require a bucket of luck. Just thank goodness you haven't discussed this plan openly on an internet forum...

* The marriage, perverts

** Stop it
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Nap Normal

QuoteMy question is, whould his position be strengthened if he "Bit the bullet" and married someone...?

Is he an illegal immigrant?
Will marrying you cure his dissabilities?
If it's a no to any of  the above then I fail to see how being married to someone would make any difference as to how they assess his claim.
Good luck and I hope it all works out ok.
Falling in love makes you fat.

The Doctor Alt 8

Em did I say I would do the marrying? NOPE!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And he keeps winning his appeals... and do you know what they do? Ignore them and send him another form to fill in... (I told him see his MP that normally makes civil servants crap themselves.)
But how long can this situation last?