Main Menu

Mills & Skinner's ACCIDENT MAN - The Film

Started by JOE SOAP, 17 November, 2016, 08:50:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Corinthian

5 February is a Monday, which suggests "DVD/VOD release date" rather than "in cinemas now!"

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: The Corinthian on 27 December, 2017, 03:55:07 PM
5 February is a Monday, which suggests "DVD/VOD release date" rather than "in cinemas now!"

Aha. Yes. I googled "cinema releases" but, looking again, that list doesn't actually specify "cinema" anywhere on the page so I imagine you're quite correct...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

rogue69

Scott Adkins has said on Facebook that the release date has been put back until 16th April now

rogue69

Leigh S

Watched it yesterday while recuperating... there's some decent stuff in there that comes straight from the comic, and some less decent stuff, especially as it trails off to a muddled end.... recasting Fallon as misogynistic Brexiteer works as an update on misogynistic yuppie I suppose, but you can't help but feel we are supposed to admire the "Triumph" of his will over the EU overlords... It has made me want to read the original run, if only in tribute to Martin Emond, who shamefully gets no credit as far as I can tell, despite those best bits being literal translations of his panels. 

AlexF

For what it's worth, Adkins did make a point of name-checking Mills, Emond and Mighten during his slot on a recent(ish) Empire podcast. He comes across as a decent chap, who has realised a dream few of us will - to turn his favourite British comics series into a feature length film!

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/empire-podcast-308-scott-adkins-brad-peyton/

rogue69

Accident Man has been nominated for 3 awards at the UK National Film Awards.

Follow link below to vote.
https://www.nationalfilmawards.org/voting/

Jim_Campbell

Is there a 'write-in' option where one might add Martin Emond to the options?
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.