Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TordelBack

Quote from: flintlockjaw on 06 March, 2012, 11:21:25 PM
We need a 'Slaine: Celt Files' reprinting all the B&W Slaine stories up to 'The Horned God'. C'mon Rebellion...even Pat Mills is onboard for this one.

So long as it doesn't derail the current reprint series, which are magnificent productions with a gorgeous spine design, and are rapidly closing in on the full set (so long as someone includes the handful of missing bits in a later volume). 

Emperor

Although the interview has its own thread I thought I'd flag this up here too - Pat Mills' upcoming stories:

QuoteCould you run down your current "2000 AD" and "Judge Dredd Megazine" projects?

Sure. Second book of "Flesh;" "Midnight Cowboys" with James McKay; "Invasion;" "Rise Like Lions" with Patrick Goddard; "Visible Man" in [the] 35th birthday issue of "2000 AD;" "Greysuit" with John Higgins; "ABC Warriors" with Clint Langley; "Defoe;" "The Damned" with Leigh Gallagher; more "Reaper" with Clint for the "Megazine."

www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=37333
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Pioneer

Am I right in thinking that the Nikolai Dante saga is being collected in a 'case files' format?

Would love to get into it but am kinda late to the party...

James Stacey

Not that I've seen yet. Seems unlikely as they have just released the first volume again in America and the last volume will be out over here soon. Maybe one day but I haven't seen any mention yet. Worry not about being late to the party. Pick up the first trade and wade in. It's worth the trip.

Emperor

Quote from: Pioneer on 08 March, 2012, 02:44:58 PM
Am I right in thinking that the Nikolai Dante saga is being collected in a 'case files' format?

Would love to get into it but am kinda late to the party...

I can't recall anything and a Case Files format seems unnecessary. However, a nice hard cover Omnibus-style collection would be nice, or perhaps an oversize "Library Edition" (I think the Hellboy ones collect two trades in one of these volumes), as it'd be a fine way to celebrate one of the modern classics and the latter format might go down better on the Continent (I'm surprised there aren't any out there yet as it seems like the perfect story for our European cousins).
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Pioneer

Ah so they're already available, chronologically and everything??

Anyone fancy posting a list? (did this back in '08 with the Dredd books, and have since satisfied that craving!)

Greg M.

Vol 1: The Romanov Dynasty
Vol 2: The Great Game
Vol 3: The Courtship of Jena Makarov  (You will probably find this one difficult to get hold of and they've apparently no current plans for a reprint, frustratingly.)
Vol 4: Tsar Wars Volume 1
Vol 5: Tsar Wars Volume 2
Vol 6: Hell and High Water
Vol 7: Sword of the Tsar
Vol 8: The Beast of Rudinshtein
Vol 9: Amerika
Vol 10: Hero of the Revolution

James Stacey

It's worth adding vols 1 and 2 are in the older format book, and vol 11 will be along when the story is done.

radiator

Yep  - volume 11, titled Sympathy for the Devil, will be out in October.

Pioneer

Older format book, as in Swimming In Blood, Judgement Day etc?

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Greg M. on 08 March, 2012, 03:40:27 PM

This is quite hard to get hold of as well isn't it?

Emperor

Quote from: Pioneer on 08 March, 2012, 03:35:46 PM
Ah so they're already available, chronologically and everything??

Anyone fancy posting a list? (did this back in '08 with the Dredd books, and have since satisfied that craving!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikolai_Dante#Collected_editions

Greg M.

Quote from: Tim Tailz on 08 March, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

Didn't realise that. There's one on Amazon right now for less than a fiver (though all the other copies seem to be heading in the direction of silly money, so you're probably right.)

Taryn Tailz

Quote from: Greg M. on 08 March, 2012, 06:03:43 PM
Quote from: Tim Tailz on 08 March, 2012, 04:03:53 PM

Didn't realise that. There's one on Amazon right now for less than a fiver (though all the other copies seem to be heading in the direction of silly money, so you're probably right.)

And that one for less than a fiver is actually from America. Surely if they're gonna reprint anything it will be the Dante trades?

Colin YNWA

I'm kinda hoping they are waiting to see if the American editions take off. In which case they could fill the gap? If so come on you Yanks!