Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Adventurer

Meg 320. Progs 1768 and 1769 in my hot little hands. No Prog 1771. Hopefully that just means it'll come out the same week as 1770.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Emperor

Quote from: radiator on 24 February, 2012, 03:35:08 PM
2000 AD:

Lenny Zero: title TBC by Andy Diggle/Jock(?) - starts TBC

Update:

Lenny Zero: Zero's 7 by Andy Diggle/Ben Willsher - starts TBC

Also do we know it'll be in the prog?
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

radiator

Good news. I suppose it'll probably be in the Megazine. i read Diggle saying it was 'for 2000ad' but I guess that could mean either title.

PreacherCain

Quote from: radiator on 23 March, 2012, 12:49:51 PM
Cool. Suppose including the Lobo/Dredd stry would be asking a bit much?

The inclusion of Lobo/Dredd crossover is confirmed in the press release!

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2012/03/30/dc-comicsjudge-dredd-crossover-collection-coming-this-winter

QuoteThis December, DC Comics and 2000 AD will publish THE BATMAN/JUDGE DREDD COLLECTION, collecting the epic crossover stories featuring Judge Dredd and the Dark Knight, originally released between 1991 and 1998. Written by Alan Grant and John Wagner and featuring art by Simon Bisley, Cam Kennedy, Carl Critchlow, Dermott Power, Glenn Fabry, Jim Murray and Val Semekis, the hardcover volume will include JUDGMENT ON GOTHAM #1, VENDETTA IN GOTHAM #1, THE ULTIMATE RIDDLE #1, and DIE LAUGHING #1-2. The collection will also include LOBO/JUDGE DREDD #1.

DC Comics will publish THE BATMAN/JUDGE DREDD COLLECTION domestically (U.S. and Canada) and internationally, and Rebellion/2000 AD will publish in the UK and Ireland, with digital editions available from both publishers.

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Emperor

Next from S&S:

QuoteAll Star Future Shocks

Product Details
2000 AD, January 2013
Trade Paperback, 192 pages
ISBN-10: 1781080747
ISBN-13: 9781781080740

Where legends are born!'

Future Shocks – these self-contained short stories from the pages of 2000 AD have been the testing ground for many of comics greatest writers and artists. From the far reaches of the galaxy to the lowest depths of hell, discover what lurks within the fevered imaginations of such luminaries as Neil Gaiman, Grant Morrison, Kevin O'Neill, Brian Bolland, Alan Grant, Peter Milligan, John Higgins, Alan Davis and Mark Millar to name but a few.

http://books.simonandschuster.com/All-Star-Future-Shocks/Neil-Gaiman/9781781080740

Ancient Otter

I'll be interested to see a comparison with this Future Shocks collection and the one bundled with 2000AD subscriptions.

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 22 February, 2012, 10:24:18 PM
In other exclusive new story news, The Wedding of Jena Makarov definitely isn't the last Dante story. That will be Sympathy for the Devil. Who knows, there might even be another one in between.
I suppose this is as good a place as any to post this astounding revelation which came to me in a flash tonight. The Dante Gambit is going to see the final reckoning with Konstantin, which leaves Vladimir as the last villain left.

Maybe  it wasn't quite the first episode, but Nikolai Dante starts with our devil may care hero helpless in chains before Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror. How else can it end?

Maybe I meant crucially. Coherence is at a premium.
We never really die.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Cosh on 31 March, 2012, 02:05:16 AM
Maybe  it wasn't quite the first episode, but Nikolai Dante starts with our devil may care hero helpless in chains before Tsar Vladimir the Conqueror. How else can it end?

One of the Arbatovs gets the last laugh?
You may quote me on that.

James Stacey

I see from this weeks nerve centre that as well as new Dredd IDW will be releasing Deluxe Treasury editions of Classic Dredd. Any idea what format these are likely to take ? Glossy oversized hardbacks with a small page count ?

radiator

Not sure, I'm not really familiar with IDW books, but I would suggest looking at their Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles output for what to expect.

There is talk of colouring old classic Dredd strips, which I'm sure is not going to go down well with us lot, but might help broaden the audience globally. Sad as it is, I think there's a large percentage of comic book readers that simply won't read b&w comics. I would hope that they make a point of pushing recent Dredd stories like Total War and Mandroid as well as the older stuff - all of Wagner's work since The Pit is so good that it really, really deserves to reach a wider audience. I've long held the opinion that modern era Dredd (and John Wagner in general) would eventually gain more attention and popularity, and I hope that time is now.

Crossing my fingers that IDW will do a reprint of the Brian Bolland Judge Death stories - its feels like weeks now since the last reissue of that material.

radiator

And if they're insistent on colouring stuff, how about recolouring stuff that would actually benefit, like Fading of the Light and the non-Carlos episodes of The Pit!

James Stacey

I don't really have a problem with them recolouring old strips. No doubt they would have been all colour originally if the budget had been there to do it. It's not like its a conscious effort to be black and white such as modern strips like Low Life and Insurrection. Look at how amazing Hook Jaw is in Strip Magazine, I really think it could breathe new life into old friends.

radiator

I'm in two minds about it. A deluxe hardback of Block Mania/The Apocalypse War (sensitively and appropriately) coloured, and printed of heavy, matt finish paper? Yeah, I'd buy that in a second.

But it would feel like a crime to colourise something like the aforementioned Bolland Judge Death pages...

robprosser

They've done a good job of colouring the old b & w Dr Who strips so I think they'll do a good job on the Dredd stuff as well.