Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

Still want post Eurocrash download tales...

hippynumber1

Yea; it'd be even nicer if they relaunched the Sin/Dex trades as case files style books and included all the stories that were excluded from the original trades (especially the Downlode Tales). I stopped buying these at Bk 3...

PreacherCain

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 01 July, 2012, 11:44:14 AM
Yea; it'd be even nicer if they relaunched the Sin/Dex trades as case files style books and included all the stories that were excluded from the original trades (especially the Downlode Tales). I stopped buying these at Bk 3...

I think they should do this with both Sin/Dex and Nikolai Dante, both long-running series. I'd love to see Nikolai Dante in a bigger trade, with lots of sketchbook material etc. I'm also a sucker for author/artist forewards and the like. It'd be great to have a few on the Dredd Case Files, even if it's just Garth Ennis apologising again :D  I think Dante deserves that extra special treatment as it's such a self-contained story and has relatively few creators working on it.

Plus I just want to read the whole thing again without forking out a load of money for a dozen trades or havign to dig out the progs  :-\

maryanddavid

The 5 year reprint rule was for the old weeklies, it was consider safe to reprint 5-year-old material, current readers wouldnt have read it with the turnover in readership. The early 2000ad annuals and specials reprinted Ginuae Pig and One Eyed Jack etc until enough time had elapsed to start reprinting Flesh and Shako in the annuals.

Those rules dont apply now, I would like to see older material getting a look, but I also want to see the Meg continue, so maybe to alternate every month between newer and older material. Return to armageddon, hint hint. Im looking forward to Ratfink. I really liked that.

Nubby mcstubbins

I just want to put in my vote for Dante and sinister.  My wife and I got hooked on Dante after picking up the new volume 1 that was released last year.  Bummer when we search for book 2 onwards, we just see the old out of print trades.

Emperor

Quote from: Nubby mcstubbins on 02 July, 2012, 03:35:50 AM
I just want to put in my vote for Dante and sinister.  My wife and I got hooked on Dante after picking up the new volume 1 that was released last year.  Bummer when we search for book 2 onwards, we just see the old out of print trades.

That is more an argument for getting the original volumes back into print (I think it has been requested in the relevant thread). As we have the first one getting a US release, we might be looking at the second one dropping somewhere along the line, so it might be simpler to pick those up.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 18 May, 2012, 01:52:50 PM
Looks like they've dusted off a few of the old Black Flame Dredd novels as part of the getting-stuff-out-there-in-Dredd-movie-year plan:

"Dredd" - collecting Dredd vs Death, Kingdom of the Blind, & The Final Cut.

I thought "The Final Cut" was a great Dredd read.

Cover now up at Amazon UK -  I wonder if there will be a tie-in novelisation given this has "Dredd" in stonking great letters and the three titles in the omnibus in much smaller print.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Molch-R

Nope. It's just those three books.

JOE SOAP

The Final Cut is worth the price alone.

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: maryanddavid on 01 July, 2012, 11:52:48 PM
Those rules dont apply now, I would like to see older material getting a look, but I also want to see the Meg continue, so maybe to alternate every month between newer and older material. Return to armageddon, hint hint.

Stevie would prefer it if all of you cheapskates had bought the Xtreme Edition so Return To Armageddon was republished in it's oversize glory.  :D

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Dash Decent

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 July, 2012, 01:33:16 AM
Nope. It's just those three books.
Hi Moloch-R, I think you misunderstand me.  I realise this is just the three reprints in omnibus format.  What I meant was it has "DREDD" in great big letters and a photo from the movie on the cover.  If there was to be a move tie-in novelisation then it would also have "DREDD" in great big letters and a photo from the movie on the cover.  I would expect if there were two books then this one, the non-movie one, would be better differentiated.  Since it's not I questioned whether there will be a tie-in novel.

Joe - I agree about "The Final Cut", a great Dredd novel.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Molch-R

Quote from: Dash Decent on 03 July, 2012, 02:18:46 AM
Hi Moloch-R, I think you misunderstand me.  I realise this is just the three reprints in omnibus format.  What I meant was it has "DREDD" in great big letters and a photo from the movie on the cover.  If there was to be a move tie-in novelisation then it would also have "DREDD" in great big letters and a photo from the movie on the cover.  I would expect if there were two books then this one, the non-movie one, would be better differentiated.  Since it's not I questioned whether there will be a tie-in novel.

Ah right. There's isn't going to be a novelisation, hence why we're doing this one. Was sure we'd mentioned this somewhere.

Spaceghost

Is Matthew Smith, the author of The Final Cut the same Matt Smith who's currently 'helping' Tharg, or is there yet another Matt Smith in the world of science fiction?
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

Molch-R

Quote from: Lee Bates on 03 July, 2012, 11:32:36 AM
Is Matthew Smith, the author of The Final Cut the same Matt Smith who's currently 'helping' Tharg, or is there yet another Matt Smith in the world of science fiction?

Same one.

Spaceghost

Quote from: Molch-R on 03 July, 2012, 11:35:06 AM
Quote from: Lee Bates on 03 July, 2012, 11:32:36 AM

Same one.

Wow. Multi talented.

Can anyone tell me if the other two books in this collection are any good? If so, I might be tempted by this.

I've only read one Dredd novel before, I can't remember the title but it was by Dave Bishop and was about a monster on the loose in MC1. It wasn't very good at all and put me off reading any more.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...