Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Not all of TOD was in the books though, just the main storyline. All of DoC is relevant. It didn't have the 'filler' issues (in a nice way)

The Prodigal

Anyone know when the next installment of Savage arrives?

I, Cosh

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 09 September, 2012, 07:56:21 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 23 August, 2012, 01:46:36 PM
I mailed Robo-Keef a little while ago and he said not to expect it before April.
A year between 19 and 20... and I was hoping for the pace to speed up, not slow down. :(
To be fair, we'll have had the 4th Restricted Files book and the complete Batman/Dredd in the interim so it's not really as grim as it sounds.
We never really die.

Colin YNWA

Yeah and you have to think the Batman vs. Dredd volume will be better at raising Dredd's profile in the US?

Dash Decent

I see Amazon UK have "Dredd: The Screenplay" for sale, but for Kindle only.

Click here, creep!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

PsychoGoatee

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 13 September, 2012, 08:21:28 AM
Yeah and you have to think the Batman vs. Dredd volume will be better at raising Dredd's profile in the US?

It's always been very readily available though. For example I have a 2004 one which is still stocked at Amazon for 14 bucks. That said, sure, having it on shelves should attract some who haven't seen it before, it is a great book.

Ancient Otter

From Pat Mills twitter page:

Visible Man returns in a 1shot story for @2000AD xmas special, with the Visible Woman + Frank's space friend.

Yep, Flint's drawing. He likes the Quatarmass/Dr Who vibe. 

and non 2000AD but kind of related news:

Accident Man reprint collection now definite from Titan Books. Hope to have publication date soon.

hippynumber1

Do you know if Accident Man will be a 'complete' collection? I loved it while it was in TOXIC! but didn't it go to a U.S. publisher after? Exciting news nevertheless, Emond's work on that strip was fantastic!

O Lucky Stevie!

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 13 September, 2012, 09:38:28 PM

Visible Man returns in a 1shot story for @2000AD xmas special, with the Visible Woman + Frank's space friend.

Woo hoo!

Chrimbo* just can't come soon enough!

*Middle to late  January 2013 through Diamond. ;)
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Colin YNWA

While that is fantastic news he should stop teasing us with these one-offs and get working on the series I carve so much. I really think this could be made to work.

Hawkmumbler

Accident Man reprint collection now definite from Titan Books. Hope to have publication date soon.
WOOT! Christmas, here we come! :D

Ancient Otter

Quote from: hippynumber1 on 13 September, 2012, 10:11:25 PM
Do you know if Accident Man will be a 'complete' collection? I loved it while it was in TOXIC! but didn't it go to a U.S. publisher after? Exciting news nevertheless, Emond's work on that strip was fantastic!

Toxic definitely, Dark Horse almost certain.

Definitely. We hope if the reprints go down well, to originate new Accident Man material

maryanddavid

QuoteVisible Man returns in a 1shot story for @2000AD xmas special, with the Visible Woman + Frank's space friend.

Yay and YAAY, I loved Accident Man.

Mark Taylor

Quote from: The Cosh on 13 September, 2012, 12:10:13 AM
Quote from: Mark Taylor on 09 September, 2012, 07:56:21 PM
Quote from: James Stacey on 23 August, 2012, 01:46:36 PM
I mailed Robo-Keef a little while ago and he said not to expect it before April.
A year between 19 and 20... and I was hoping for the pace to speed up, not slow down. :(
To be fair, we'll have had the 4th Restricted Files book and the complete Batman/Dredd in the interim so it's not really as grim as it sounds.

Yeah, have already read Restricted Files 4, it was rather good actually. A lot of off-the-wall stuff but mostly of surprisingly consistent quality.

Andy B

Quote from: radiator on 11 September, 2012, 07:13:27 PM
Three? Seems a bit excessive, DoC was shorter than Tour of Duty wasn't it?

Hopefully we'll get the PJ Maybe story that immediately preceded DoC, and if we're lucky, the Wagner/Willsher 'Skinning Room'. Nothing to do with DoC, admittedly, but follows on from the last Tour of Duty volume. Maybe some of the better aftermath stories (hopefully still to come...) in volume 3...