Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Sorry, I meant goblin not elvish.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

JSouth5942

Quote from: Dash Decent on 05 October, 2012, 04:00:40 PM
Creepy Chronicles cover now showing on Amazon UK.  Not sure I like elvish Tharg, and dammit, is that a cape he's wearing?  It's those purple drapes from the IDW Carlos Collection cover!

Has anyone got this trade yet? I'm looking for a complete list of stories / prog numbers it contains to see if its worth picking up.
Can anyone help me out?
Jason

ThryllSeekyr

Slaine :Grail War will be out next April.

http://www.2000adonline.com/books/coming_soon.php

And according to the Slaine Wikipedia entry, it will contain the following......

"The Demon Hitchhiker" (with Steve Tappin, in 2000 AD #1032, March 1997)
"King of Hearts" (with Nick Percival, in 2000 AD #1033-1039, March–April 1997)
"The Grail War" (with Steve Tappin, in 2000 AD #1040-1049, April–July 1997)
"Secret of the Grail" (with Steve Tappin, in 2000 AD #1090-1099, April–June 1998)

IndigoPrime

Quote from: The Adventurer on 02 October, 2012, 08:55:57 PM2000 AD Books doesn't usually list S&S edition collections, correct? So... the upcoming Ten-Seconder and Ichabod Azrael trades it has listed are Rebellion editions?
Yes. The only information I'm sent for the site is for UK editions, or at least editions that will be for sale in the UK.

Art

Has anyone got this trade yet?

Yup. It's pretty great contents are as follows:

Silo by Millar and D'Antique
Storming Heaven by Rennie and Irving
Shok! By MacManus and O'Neill
Reapermen by Rennie and Jock
A Little Knowlege by Moore and Staples
Skeleton Crew by Moore and Irving
Scene of the Crime by Ewing and Reardon
Revelations by Blythe and Kennedy
Counts as One Choice by Weston
Pea Patch Podlings by Wyatt and Bagwell

Colin YNWA

That is a pretty cool line up. Even has a Mark Millar story that pretty good (however derivative!)

Art

You have no idea how pleased I am to be sharing a book with Shok! - that's a stone cold classic.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Art on 13 October, 2012, 04:43:47 PM
You have no idea how pleased I am to be sharing a book with Shok! - that's a stone cold classic.

Hi Art, just worked out who you are!  :-[ Just wanted to say how much I enjoy 'Samizdat Squad' whenever it's in the Meg! Good stuff!

Art

Cheers - not sure when that will be back but there's other stuff in the pipeline, including a Future Shock with an artist I'm sure you're all going to love.

Colin YNWA

Just been checking on Amazon what date the Dredd Batman Collection is coming out (27th Nov as it goes) when I've stumbled across these to trades that I don't think have been mentioned here before. Apologise if they have and this is old news.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Judge-Dredd-Child-Saga/dp/1781081093/ref=sr_1_3?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350289313&sr=1-3

A 'Manga-sized' version of Judge Child.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Strontium-Dog-Mutant-John-Wagner/dp/1781080313/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1350289553&sr=1-1

I assume this is an S&S release for the US market?

There's also a new edition of 'Origins' listed again I'm guessing for the US market?

Edit to add: Broadening the search there is also a new Zombo and Snow Tiger listed but they are down as the back end of 2013 so at this stage given Amazon's reliability that may well be fiction (though the Zombo one seems probable at some point) and you can see why they'd release Snow/Tiger with the names attached so who knows...)

IndigoPrime

Strontium Dog is a US release, yes. Also, the third Rogue phone book turned up today. It switches paper stock (to the high-quality stuff) and there's sadly no Cinnabar, but it does have a huge chunk of classic strips, including everything from Progs 410 (The Return of Rogue Trooper) through to 603 (Hit Four), The Final Hit (in black and white, not colour), Sci-Fi Special stories from 82, 83, 84, 86 and annual stories from 86 and 87. There are some colour covers too and it's a pretty heavy volume.

Michael Evans

Hopefully Cinnabar might get reprinted alongside the Rennie/Edgington stories.

Bolt-01

Art, you are a colossal tease.

vark

Vol 9 of the Charley's war Titan collection has been postponed to November 9th it seems, with a new visual with planes instead of the Zeppelin.

Spikes

Vol 9?! Im a bit behind with these then, or more succinctly, my Brother-in-law is late in lending me the last couple.