Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Yup! Had mine too! S'lovely!

radiator

I've had it for about a month.

The stories don't quite hold up as well as I remember, but it's a lovely book.

TordelBack

Saw it the shops the other week, alright.  While I never liked the Batman crossovers I did read, this volume looks absolutely splendid in the flesh, both in terms of art and production, and I am sorely tempted.

radiator

The Lobo crossover - something I'd never read before - is actually not that bad, and the art is surprisingly pretty great.

Ancient Otter

Zaucer of Zilk collection coming from IDW in March 2013 according to the latest solicitations.

The Adventurer

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 14 December, 2012, 09:35:07 PM
Zaucer of Zilk collection coming from IDW in March 2013 according to the latest solicitations.
I hope it's Rebellion trade shaped, and not US standard size like the IDW single issues are.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Dash Decent

Looks like another manga-sized digest version on the way:

Judge Dredd: Judge Child Saga
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

The Prodigal

Guys hi-looking some advice here. I came on board last christmas (prog 1764) and so i have missed some Dredd/Chaos material. Am I correct in assuming that the upcoming  Judge Dredd Day of Chaos: Fourth Faction will contain some of my missing material?

Thanks folks.

Richard

The Prodigal

Ancient Otter

Quote from: The Adventurer on 14 December, 2012, 11:09:02 PM
Quote from: Ancient Otter on 14 December, 2012, 09:35:07 PM
I hope it's Rebellion trade shaped, and not US standard size like the IDW single issues are.

I doubt it. It is listed as $6.99 for 64 pages and says it is a "special reprint" in the solication, so maybe it is not a proper collection after all.

Judge Nutmeg

Apologies if this has already been asked but does the forthcoming complete Brian Bolland Dredd collection contain the cursed earth chapters he drew that havent been republished since? :-*

Andy Smart

Quote from: Judge Nutmeg on 19 December, 2012, 09:33:11 PM
Apologies if this has already been asked but does the forthcoming complete Brian Bolland Dredd collection contain the cursed earth chapters he drew that havent been republished since? :-*

Unlikely. Those chapters haven't been republished due to legal reasons. It does say it's "The Complete Brian Bolland" but I think any such collection is going to be necessarily incomplete.

Edit: Looks like I'm correct. From the preview at CBR: This luscious, oversized hardcover volume collects as many Brian Bolland-illustrated Judge Dredd stories as THE LAW* will allow! (*Seriously, there's one we can't publish. Ever.) They are online somewhere. I'll see if I can dredge up a link.

Steve Green

Any news if it includes things like the Eagle reprint covers, star scans etc, or is it just stories?

ta

Steve

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 December, 2012, 11:01:30 PM
Any news if it includes things like the Eagle reprint covers, star scans etc, or is it just stories?

Alas not the Eagle covers apparently. From Mr Bolland himself

QuoteI can think of a few items of my Judge Dredd output that are not included. A Time Out cover. A few annual and Eagle comics covers. But here is my entire run of 2000 AD Dredd pages plus lots of extras and a two-page introduction by me. 313 pages in all. A perfect Christmas gift!

http://brianbolland.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/judge-dredd-complete-brian-bolland.html