Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well wow have to say I'll be very happy to see Patrick Goddard's take on Aquila. That's something to be very excited about.

TordelBack

Yeah, exciting stuff!  I love Gallagher, and I love Aquila, but I'd be intrigued to see an artist so completely different in approach as Goddard take a spin.  Fascinating to see his realism applied to an historical fantasy, and Goddard's work also colours-up a treat (if you like that sort of thing).  Straying into hyperbole for a mo, it'd be like Fabry taking over from Bellardinelli all over again!

EDIT: And just in case that last remark might be misinterpreted by the negative-of-mind, Bellardinelli and Fabry's work on Slaine are two of my personal highlights from the whole history of comics.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 March, 2013, 10:01:18 AM
Well wow have to say I'll be very happy to see Patrick Goddard's take on Aquila. That's something to be very excited about.

A tasty prospect- looking forward to this!

Ancient Otter

Anyone pick up Mean Team yet? It's supposed to be out.

grthink

What's the difference between the Mean Team TPB and the Extreme Edition that's still on sale in the store, anyone?

Greg M.

QuoteWhat's the difference between the Mean Team TPB and the Extreme Edition that's still on sale in the store, anyone?

Survivor, I expect.

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd: The Complete Carlos Ezquerra Volume 2
now listed for pre-order on Amazon UK.

248 pages, IDW Publishing, 27th August 2013
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

hippynumber1

Quote from: Ancient Otter on 09 March, 2013, 08:27:59 PM
Anyone pick up Mean Team yet? It's supposed to be out.

Mine arrived mid-week; another great collection of Belardinelli marvellousness (shame it's not on better paper though).  Haven't read it yet so also looking forward to revisiting 'Survivor'...

Mark Taylor

Quote from: grthink on 09 March, 2013, 08:31:19 PM
What's the difference between the Mean Team TPB and the Extreme Edition that's still on sale in the store, anyone?

The Extreme Edition is missing the third series, Survivor. It only ran for six progs though so it's shorter than the first two.

hippynumber1

And has Ron Smith on art duties, not Belardinelli...

I, Cosh

And is about a talking cat called Henry.
We never really die.

radiator

IndigoPrime

On Ellis: "Feed Me" from Meg 1.07, I'm guessing.

Dash Decent

Cover now up on Amazon UK:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

James Stacey

If that cover doesn't shift copies there is no hope for humankind.