Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

'Awaits obvious Doctor Strangelove joke'

IndigoPrime

Would be better had the artist gone a bit further with that ref, frankly, rather than 'Dredd skysurfs on a missile'. The IDW Dredds are starting to remind me of late-era Quality Comics, which cranked out terrible covers for the most part.

Judge Brian

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 13 October, 2013, 05:32:44 PM
Would be better had the artist gone a bit further with that ref, frankly, rather than 'Dredd skysurfs on a missile'. The IDW Dredds are starting to remind me of late-era Quality Comics, which cranked out terrible covers for the most part.

Everything about the Quality era sucked. Coloring, printing, paper stock, covers. Everyfhing except the strips they were reprinting.

Grant Goggans

Prog 2014 solicit:

Celebrate the Xmas festivities with the 100-page Prog 2014, a mammoth blow-out of stunning stories featuring a stellar line-up of talent. Civil war explodes as mutants battle norms in Strontium Dog: Dogs of War by John Wagner and Carlos Ezquerra; a former member of war-droids the ABC Warriors reveals his past in Return to Mars by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; maniac-for-hire Ulysses Sweet takes a job that only an arch-psychopath could handle in Centred by Guy Adams and Paul Marshall; grab a glimpse into Inspector Harry Absalom's early days on the force in Old Pal's Act by Gordon Rennie and Tiernen Trevallion; hitmen Sinister Dexter are on the run across Generica courtesy of Dan Abnett and Carl Critchlow; the last surviving Ten-Seconder fights to get back home in a special epilogue story by Rob Williams and Edmund Bagwell; plus a special festive Judge Dredd tale featuring the art of Batman Incorporated artist Chris Burnham! All this and much more!

I, Cosh

Well, that sounds like a bulging sack of thrills and no mistake. Really interested to see Critchlow's take on Sin/Dex and Burnham on Dredd is a bit of a coup surely?
We never really die.

The Adventurer

Sounds like a pretty solid line-up. Looking forward to Strontium Dog, Absalom, Sin-Dex and Ten-Seconders (and Dredd of course)

Critchlow on Sin-Dex sounds great! Hope its not just a one-off.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Link Prime

Prog 2014 lookin good.
Eagerly anticipating all Thrills mentioned (apart from Strontium Dog).

Burnham is a very talented chap, his run on Batman Inc was fantastic.
Can't wait to see his take on Dredd

Hawkmumbler

Has it been a year since the last Absalom? Blimey, not like I've been counting the weeks!
Thats a solid prog right there chaps. :D

Skullmo

Quote from: Link Prime on 14 October, 2013, 11:31:50 AM
Prog 2014 lookin good.
Eagerly anticipating all Thrills mentioned (apart from Strontium Dog).

Burnham is a very talented chap, his run on Batman Inc was fantastic.
Can't wait to see his take on Dredd

How can you not like Stront? one of the best stories in the Prog.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Cosh on 14 October, 2013, 11:20:29 AM
Well, that sounds like a bulging sack of thrills and no mistake. Really interested to see Critchlow's take on Sin/Dex ...

Beat me to it, that sounds all kinds of wonderful. Sounds like a fantastic issue. Not as big a fan of Burnham as many seem to be, be regardless of my opinion he is a big name draw, so well done that Tharg.

Spikes

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 14 October, 2013, 12:11:15 PM
Has it been a year since the last Absalom? Blimey, not like I've been counting the weeks!

I was just thinking that. That last Absalom was a cracker.

Grant Goggans

From the way that is worded, I'm guessing Strontium Dog, ABC Warriors, Ulysses Sweet as the January lineup, and the others as one-offs, although I'm certainly hoping that if either the Absalom or Sin Dex stories are double-length one-offs, then a longer story is right behind them in prog 1862...

That's only seven episodes.  There were eight in Progs 2011 & 2012, and nine last year.  I would like to imagine that Tharg's keeping a couple of great surprises in reserve to confound us solicit-watchers.  Hopefully one of them is indigo-colored.

Link Prime

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 October, 2013, 12:44:02 PM

How can you not like Stront? one of the best stories in the Prog.

Used to be.
Then Johnny died.  ;)

IndigoPrime

I'm not that fussed about Strontium Dog either. This latest arc's not really doing it for me, for some reason—and I'd say the original run is one of my all-time 2000 AD favourites.

Skullmo

What is it that you don't like about it?

It's a joke. I was joking.