Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

If you have a sexual fetish for inanimate objects attributed with supernatural abilities or acting as a focus for ritual magic do you have a fetish fetish?
It's a joke. I was joking.

Proteus4

Quote from: Skullmo on 14 November, 2013, 01:44:32 PM
If you have a sexual fetish for inanimate objects attributed with supernatural abilities or acting as a focus for ritual magic do you have a fetish fetish?

Just you mate
:D
Dave
My opinion is not to be trusted: I think Last Action Hero is AWESOME. And What Women Want.

Grant Goggans

Quote from: Mark Taylor on 14 November, 2013, 01:32:05 PM
Really it can be inanimate object attributed with supernatural abilities or acting as a focus for ritual magic, not necessarily a carving. Due to my fascination with tribal culture and mysticism which goes back to my childhood, I encountered this meaning of the word before the more commonly used meaning as in sexual fetish.

I was pretty baffled when I encountered the word in an early PD James novel, A Mind for Murder.  One of the patients in a very sixties psychiatric clinic - they do LSD therapy there - carries this wooden fetish everywhere he goes.  Had a devil of a time, dirty-minded teen that I was, trying to visualize what the heck they meant...

Dash Decent

Judge Dredd Classics Volume 1: Apocalypse War [Hardcover]

Blurb:
Re-presenting classic Judge Dredd tales with all-new colors by Charlie Kirchoff! In "Block Mania," Dredd must track down a villain who has poisoned the city, which leads into the five-part "Apocalypse War" storyline about the eruption of the long-contained tensions between Mega-City One and East-Meg One.

IDW Publishing, 192 pages, 6th May 2014
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

sheldipez

Quote from: Dash Decent on 17 November, 2013, 01:33:33 AM

Blurb:
Re-presenting classic Judge Dredd tales with all-new colors by Charlie Kirchoff! In "Block Mania," Dredd must track down a villain who has poisoned the city, which leads into the five-part "Apocalypse War" storyline about the eruption of the long-contained tensions between Mega-City One and East-Meg One.

I wonder if IDW take the opportunity of the hardback to present these in their original size without the massive white space at the bottom like the single comics.

radiator

Nice - was hoping for this! I'm not too fussed about size, but I hope the presentation is up to standard.

Judge Brian

Quote from: sheldipez on 18 November, 2013, 08:49:55 AM

Blurb:

I wonder if IDW take the opportunity of the hardback to present these in their original size without the massive white space at the bottom like the single comics.

I dropped the series because the blank space was bugging the crap out of me.  The coloring may have be better, but I prefer the old Eagle reprint.

Skullmo

You can write footnotes on the text in that space
It's a joke. I was joking.

Dash Decent

Blurb:

Urgh!
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 21 September, 2013, 02:25:57 AM
Another flash from Dash:

Judge Dredd: The Complete Cam Kennedy Volume 2
328 pages, IDW Publishing, 18th February 2014, Hardcover

More classic Judge Dredd tales from master illustrator Cam Kennedy! Reprinted in classic b/w and featuring a wealth of complete stories, this collection features 'progs' such as "No Man's Land," "Big Deal at Drekk City," "Beyond Our Kenny," and more.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

IronGraham

why they recolour that cover it looks fine damn yanks and recolouring what don't need it
We're werewolves not swearwolves

radiator

Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 November, 2013, 01:29:24 PM

Blurb:

Urgh!

Oh.

Really hope that's a placeholder, doesn't bode well for the presentation of this book otherwise.

Recrewt

I think IDW are doing some great work at the moment pushing Dredd in the US.  However, I do find some of their covers to be awful - this was ugly when it was on the floppy and why would they use it for the TPB?  Same goes for Dredd: Year One, I thought they used the ugliest cover of all four for the TPB.

Spikes

Quote from: radiator on 20 November, 2013, 01:55:02 PM
Oh.

Really hope that's a placeholder, doesn't bode well for the presentation of this book otherwise.

Yeah, not the best cover - if this is indeed the finished article. King Carlos should be given that honour.

Least there not re-using the one of Dredd surfing on the warhead.....

TordelBack

I'd say 'nah, that has to be a placeholder' if I hadn't already seen the state of the AW floppies. And while streets ahead of that one, of all the great Kennedy covers to choose from, we get a pointlessly recoloured Hoolie? 

Makes you realise how lucky we are with Rebellion's GN team Tharg's droids.