Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dash Decent

Quote from: Recrewt on 20 November, 2013, 01:59:18 PM
I think IDW are doing some great work at the moment pushing Dredd in the US.  However, I do find some of their covers to be awful - this was ugly when it was on the floppy and why would they use it for the TPB?  Same goes for Dredd: Year One, I thought they used the ugliest cover of all four for the TPB.

I totally agree!

Carlos did a great Apocalypse War cover for volume 2 of his IDW collection, they should've got him to do another for this collection.  Otherwise, there's some great Bolland covers from the Eagle (Quality?) comics that they could use - Dredd about to be squashed by an enormous Sov tank for example.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 25 October, 2013, 10:54:37 AM
Quote from: Dash Decent on 20 September, 2013, 01:32:30 PM
A.B.C. Warriors: Solo Missions
Pat Mills, Alan Moore, Steve Dillon, Henry Flint, Kev Walker
96 pages, 13th February 2014

Cover now up on Amazon UK:

New cover now up on Amazon UK:

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

TordelBack

I like that!  Never gave any thought to Deadlock's feet before, and 'Tubular Caine' is a good gag too.   Is it original or re-used?  And who's the artist - is that Boo Cook trying out a new palette, or could it even be Steve Roberts making a play for the big league?

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 23 November, 2013, 12:00:25 PM
And who's the artist - is that Boo Cook trying out a new palette, or could it even be Steve Roberts making a play for the big league?

It's Tharg's design droid, PYE-01, I believe...

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

TordelBack

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 23 November, 2013, 12:03:07 PM
It's Tharg's design droid, PYE-01, I believe...

Durnit, you're right of course.  At least he can't be insulted by being mistaken for Boo or Steve!

It's interesting the way the so-called mind works - I wasn't that fussed by this volume under the re-used cover, but with the new cover it really takes my fancy. 

amines2058

This should go in the things that go over your head thread, but I have looked at and admired that cover a few times now but only just realised that the other warriors are actually in the rock formations! Cracking cover made even better!!

Link Prime

Great cover by Pye.
Very Nemesis-y look for Deadlock. I like it.

maryanddavid

More Deadlock solo series would be great. great cover, and your TB, its amazing what an original over will make to  desirability!

CrazyFoxMachine

I'd love that cover as a print, it's grand!

James Stacey

Quote from: maryanddavid on 24 November, 2013, 01:12:53 AM
More Deadlock solo series would be great. great cover, and your TB, its amazing what an original over will make to  desirability!
I know there is only so much Henry Flint to go around but why this hasn't happened and yet there is more Greysuits on the way I have no idea.

radiator

That Deadlock cover is the bollocks. Amazing stuff!

Link Prime

Quote from: James Stacey on 25 November, 2013, 02:01:22 PM

I know there is only so much Henry Flint to go around

If anyone could fit it into an already busy schedule, I'm sure Mr. Flint could.
He's our John Romita Jnr.

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 October, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
According to Digital Spy, a Kingdom novel, "Kingdom: Fiefdom" will be published in print and e-book format in July 2014.  Dan Abnett and Nik Vincent are the authors, and the story is set 100 years after the prog strip.

http://www.digitalspy.com.au/comics/news/a517946/dan-abnett-writing-2000-ad-kingdom-novel.html

It's now listed for pre-order at Amazon UK:

Fiefdom: A Kingdom Novel

by Dan Abnett and Nik Vincent
5th August 2014, 384 pages, Abaddon Books

I'm looking forward to this and will snap it up as soon as it is available.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

Dash Decent

Quote from: Dash Decent on 06 October, 2013, 11:18:48 AM
The article also mentions upcoming (e-book?) novels "Strontium Dog" and "Judge Anderson: Rookie".

No sign of "Rookie" yet but I assume this is the e-book only S/D novel mentioned above:

Strontium Dog: Among the Missing (The Alpha/Sternhammer Years)

by Matt Smith
29th October 2013, 392kb/98 pages, Abaddon Books.
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll