Forthcoming Thrills!

Started by radiator, 10 February, 2012, 12:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IronGraham

Yeah thats my christmas list sorted
We're werewolves not swearwolves

James Stacey

Daily Dredds Vol 1 - November 6th 2014.
Good things come to those who wait. Interesting to see how many of the new books are hardbacks. This makes me both happy and sad.

Colin YNWA

Yeah some great stuff there. So happy to see 'Return to Armageddon' get the outing it so richly deserves.

I'm intrigued to see the content of Swimming in Blood and Psi Files 4 to see if they justify the purchase.

Its just wonderful to see those Dante volumes finally get another release. Might not be the nice shiny editions we called for but just happy people will be able to get their hands on the complete story now.

Never read Dredd vs. Predators... not entirely sure I want to!

And finally its a joy that the Dailies are finally getting an appearance again. Overall half that list reads like a veritable wish for the folks on this here board so hats off to Rebellion. 

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

IndigoPrime

Colin: The Predators strip... isn't great. Still, nice to have it in trade format somewhere, and there's some bloody great stuff elsewhere on that list. Brass Sun in December is an absolute bastard though—I was hoping that'd arrive much sooner. I hope that doesn't point to when the strip will next appear in the Prog.

Batman's Superior Cousin

Looks like Rogue Trooper 04 will collect the following:

Cinnabar
What Lies Beneath
Weapons of War
Overkill
Lions
A Visit to the Boneyard
Requiem
Angels
Ghouls)
Realpolitik
Condor Six Down
Dead Ringer
What If... Gunnar Survived the Quartz Zone Massacre?

I guess that I'll be buying both Dredd Case Files, the Tales from Nu-Earth, Volgan War Volume 04, Psi Files 04 & the Daily Dredds with both Alien vs Dredd vs Predator & Devlin Waugh also getting a look in!!!

Two questions for the Graphic Novel Team:

1) Is Devlin Waugh the first in a series of Devlin Waugh trades??
2) Is the Aliens vs Dredd vs Predator trade part of the Dredd Case Files, i.e. will it have the same, or a similar spine??
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

James Stacey

Quote from: Batman's Superior Cousin on 09 December, 2013, 05:05:25 PM
2) Is the Aliens vs Dredd vs Predator trade part of the Dredd Case Files, i.e. will it have the same, or a similar spine??
It's a hardback so I guess it might be matching the JD vs Batman trade ?

Batman's Superior Cousin

Hardback :o I thought it was a paperback!!!
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Recrewt

Quote from: James Stacey on 09 December, 2013, 01:14:07 PM
Interesting to see how many of the new books are hardbacks. This makes me both happy and sad.

Yup, a few titles to look forward to there.  I kind of feel the same about hardbacks - on the one hand they look good on the shelf and keep upright but then this is really comic material and a paperback just feels closer to the original to me.  I'm not saying I won't but hardbacks but if I had the choice, I prefer to go with paperback.

glassstanley

Flicking through the rest of the catalogue, I'm delighted to see the two Dredd Year One ebooks are going to see a physical release :)

IronGraham

Yeah just saw that apparently it's also going to have a piece written by Mr. Ewing, did i miss a book?

Edit: Sorry spoke before finishing reading the Ewing story is debuting in the omnibus, hope it gets a separate digital release

Hawkmumbler

My jaw hit the floor with some of those titles. Return to Armageddon huh. Nice. :D

IronGraham

Yeah I remember Keef mentioning it on the ECBT2000AD podcast

moly

Some great stuff there for next year

Looks like my bank balance will be taking a hit next year with some of the goodies coming out.